Why is Yanfly CTB not working?

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by Squirrelzone, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Squirrelzone

Squirrelzone Expert at being lazy Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I have all the plugins set up as so, and for some reason the battles and battle tests always  end up with the error message below. I have the battle system set to ctb, but I don't know what's wrong.

idkwhathappened.PNG

idknow.PNG

Capture.PNG

2. TheTsunaru

TheTsunaru Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Your plugins aren't up to date. When MV updated to 1.3.1 recently, it resulted in some issues with plugins that should have since been fixed in newer updates of the plugins, but you'll have to update them yourself in order to fix them. Luckily Yanfly has a way of autoupdating all of his plugins, with instructions you can find on his website. If you go to http://yanfly.moe/tools/ and scroll down to YEP Auto-Update, it'll show you how to do it.

I can't promise this will fix the issue, but it was a recurring one after the MV update, and managed to fix a lot of the problems, so its the best place to start.

3. Isaac The Red

Isaac The Red RedMage Veteran

First Language:
    Gibberish
    Your missing Yanfly's CTB plugin in this plugin list. Should be named YEP_X_BattleSysCTB.js Add that in your plugins under YEP_BattleEngineCore and it should work. Also make sure your spacer plugin named ============ is set to off, just to make sure the blank plugin doesnt cause any issues on it's own.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2016
    TheTsunaru likes this.
  4. TheTsunaru

TheTsunaru Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ahahaha. I dont even know how I missed that. For some reason I derped and saw "Battle Core" and made the assumption it was in there. Well pointed out @Isaac The Red

5. Isaac The Red

First Language:
    Gibberish
    @TheTsunaru Thanks! I spend more time bugfixing others projects than working on mine lately XD I've gotten quick at spotting the common mistakes like missing or outdated plugins, and note tag mistakes like capitalizing the wrong words in note tags.

6. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I've moved this thread to Javascript/Plugin Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

7. Squirrelzone

First Language:
    English
    no sorry. I do have CTB in there  but i used wrong screenshot. thank you TheTsunaru

8. Squirrelzone

First Language:
    English
    Another problem. Well that sucks. This is hwat happened after I updated the plugins.

Probably nothing to do with the CTB. most definetely something to do with the cores.

wthman.PNG

dude bro.PNG

9. Isaac The Red

First Language:
    Gibberish
    Was this project started before or after the 1.3.1 update? If before, did you update the project to 1.3.1? Did you properly update all the core javascript files of the engine, and make sure to also update the files in the /libs/ folder? And again, make sure to set your plugin named ============= to off, the console is still throwing errors about that as well. and since that is just a spacer it doesn't need to be on.

10. Squirrelzone

First Language:
    English
    Isaac the Red I have the steam version, so I am unsure how to update it. I will look into that.thx

11. Squirrelzone

First Language:
    English
    Now what is this.

also it wont let me access error log. f8 is doing nothing for me.

bruhhh.PNG

12. Isaac The Red

First Language:
    Gibberish
    to update your project to the latest version, as steam should auto update itself, copy over everything from the js folder of a new project into your current project EXCEPT plugins.js, also copy over the index.html file from a new project to the current project, then try again.

13. Squirrelzone

First Language:
    English
    @Isaac The Red ive replaced the index.html with one fromNewData. I also have copied the js folder everything but the plugins folder and the plugins.js, but this is what I get now:

bro really.PNG

god really stop; this.PNG

14. Isaac The Red

First Language:
    Gibberish
    hmm... If you can compress and upload the project somewhere I'll download it and take a look myself. AFAIK making sure everything was updated properly should have fixed it, not just change the error. 

15. Squirrelzone

First Language:
    English
  16. Isaac The Red

First Language:
    Gibberish
    >.< right click the folder the project is in, select the option that says "send to" under that option should be "compressed (zipped) folder" it should output a single .zip file upload that file to google drive or drop box or something like that, and send me a link to it. :D  the Game.rpgproject file is literally juts a flat text file with the text "RPGMV 1.3.1" denoting what version of the editor was used to make the game. It contains no actual data.

17. Squirrelzone

First Language:
    English
    eh it wont let me compress because theres japanese characters in it but is it because CTB isn't directly undr the Battle engine core?

18. Isaac The Red

First Language:
    Gibberish
    CTB doesnt need to be directly under the battle core, but the CTB extension should be below the battle core plugin. Yanfly's website's plugin page, the order all the plugins are shown is the reccomended order for when using yanfly plugins together. But the errors your showing don't appear to be related to yanfly's plugins. if you have files named in japanese or something like that, you may have to use the program 7zip to compress the folder properly.

19. Squirrelzone

First Language:
    English
    eh Im not sure tho

lel

20. Squirrelzone

First Language:
    English
    keep in mind that the japanese file is the thing in the webplugins folder. I copied and pasted it into the game folder. is doing this okay? below is screenshot of how the game folder looks right now.

files.PNG