Why is Yanfly CTB not working?

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by Squirrelzone, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Squirrelzone

Squirrelzone Expert at being lazy Veteran

First Language:
    English
  2. Isaac The Red

Isaac The Red RedMage Veteran

First Language:
    Gibberish
    Well thats close to what I was asking you to do. But on the google drive link you gave me, I can't actually do anything with it right now, as the only thing there is the audio folder the index.html file and the game.rpgproject file... if its still uploading I can wait, and check back, but I do need the whole project to help.

3. Squirrelzone

First Language:
    English
  4. Isaac The Red

First Language:
    Gibberish
    Yea thats it. It's easier if you can compress it, but since I use Google Drive a lot I'll just sync it with my drive, and it will all just download for me overnight. I'll look it over tomorrow after work and see what I can do. but I have to be up at 6ish to get ready for work tomorrow so I'm crashing for now.

EDIT: OK, I got it downloaded, I'm going to bed. I took a quick look, but I'm a little tired, from the glance I gave it... the first thing I'm going to try is updating your plugins.  If you have a list of the Yanfly plugins you plan to use, leave them here, optionally, I can set you up with every yanfly plugin, defaulted to off. [except the ones I already see your looking to use.] So that if you decide to use more, you can just turn the plugin on and not need to worry about setting it up.

EDIT AGAIN: I took the time to look at your project, your using really a really outdated yanfly CTB plugin, using my base project plugin setup and just copying it into your project fixes the whole thing, no more problems. As I mentioned earlier, I can custom setup plugins for you, or let you have my personal project base plugin setup for you to implement. Either way, I will make a video explaining how to set it up for your project. [and for the benefit of others, because I am going to make my base plugin.js file available on my youtube to help users just getting started on projects to save time with project setup.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2016
  5. Squirrelzone

First Language:
    English
    thanks bro.

6. Isaac The Red

First Language:
    Gibberish
    For the sake of simplicity, first, please download Yanfly's most current set of Plugin from his website Click here!

This attached  View attachment plugins.js  is setup already, so all you need to do, is extract yanfly's plugins into your projects plugin folder, and then replace your plugins.js file with the one I've provided. Then open your project in MV as per usual, and you should be able to test and play the game just fine. A key note, at the bottom of the plugin list, you will need to read add the gacha plugin, I don't use that one myself, so it isn't in this setup right now. Just add it in at the bottom of the list as normal. Some plugins are turned on by default, and the list is organized based on yanfly's plugin order. [took forever to go through and set this up]

This should get things back to a working state again so you can properly test your game as you work.

7. Squirrelzone

First Language:
    English
    do i need the rar file? I can just do the plugins js things right?

8. Squirrelzone

First Language:
    English
    thanks bro problem is that I dont have a way to open rar files so I can't download ALL the plugins, and also the problem is that your plugins.js has all the plugins but I don't have all of them in my folder so I can't edit them.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2016
  9. Isaac The Red

First Language:
    Gibberish
    the plugins.js file just tells the game what plugins to use, you still NEED to have the plugins in the plugins folder, you will need a program to extract the plugins from the rar file from yanfly's site, I recommend 7zip. Without the actual plugins in the plugins folder the plugins.js will just be referring to missing files and you will have continuing errors. It's very important. The plugins.js is just the configuration of the plugins, it doesnt actually do anything other than act as a go between for the game and the actual plugins.

Think of it this way, you have something that makes you know how to make a sandwich, lets call that the sandwich plugin, the plugins.js has the information on what to make the sandwich with, 2 slices of bread, and something in between is all the plugin is saying on its on.the configuration is that inbetween, lets say ham and cheese, but that's not the only configuration a sandwich can have, could be turkey and mayo, pb and j ect ect.

10. Squirrelzone

First Language:
    English
    ok den.

11. Squirrelzone

First Language:
    English
    yay it works!!!! i guess keep this open for people like me

12. Isaac The Red