Why isn't the content editable in pm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScorchedGround

Blizzards most disappointed fan (More than ever)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't think anyone on this platform would get mad at you for typing another message correcting a typo or other mistake (unless they are extremely petty, which is on them, not you).

Atleast I could care less if someone messages me and immediately follows it up with
"sorry I meant to say *then* instead of *than*."

It really takes maybe 15 seconds longer than editing your previous message.

Nereid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
none
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
On FB if you delete it before the other person sees it then it's gone for them too. And it may be due to how many years I've went through thousands of diffs on wikis, but I find it quite easy to tell what is changed... but it's not like I use pm much here, I just find the reason a bit strange...

palinskyjoe

affable madman
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I mean this post feels less like an inquiry and more of a "how do I cover my tracks" but I just want to point out that the solution everyone uses for typos caught after a message is sent is an asterisk or something similar.

Example:
Message 1:
"Hey great seeking you today"
Message 2:
"Ah, I meant *seeing you today"

((Edit: Whoops missed that @ScorchedGround said essentially the same thing!))

Last edited:

Nereid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
none
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
No tracks, I just dislike making mistakes (or even leaving evidence of such... I edited a few posts on this very thread, not because I wanted to hide anything, except mistakes...)

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I’m going to close this thread. I understand wanting to fix typos - they drive me insane. But you have the answer as to why it’s not allowed, why it’s not going to change and I just see this thread devolving.

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Guess I had to do something related to xmas... :kaoswt2:
SWZtrkz.jpg
"16. Do NOT contact other members by private message, on the forum or status feed, inviting them to put additional tools (such as leaderboards, ads, etc - whether yours or another person's) into their game."
Oh no. Necessity is the mother of invention. Do I want to know what happened?
Early WIP for my next entry. Since it's early you're going to need to wait a little longer than usual. What's that? You'll find out in my next update!
12.PNG
20 festive cards can now be unlocked in BiteMe!

The cards are permanent, but can only be unlocked in December!
Once the year is over, you won't be able to unlock the cards, or to upgrade it.
https://johndoenews.itch.io/biteme-storymodeCard141-160-Ad.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seafarer