Why Magic is always the Default selection in battle even after I used a Skill?

Val

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Français
Primarily Uses
Hi everyone,

Why Magic is always the Default selection in battle even after I used a Skill?

Everything is in the title! Can someone help me? If I choose a skills, why my character havent the skills by default the next turn? Its work with guard and attack but not with skills why? à

thank! 

Zarsla

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Make sure any skills you have that you don't want to be magic is set as a skill type that isn't magic.

Under system there is a section of that says SV Magic Skills and under it says skill type. In there you can change what skill types show up.

Skill types can be change under the types tab, under skill types. Just change the maxiam to change it.

Also make sure all and any skills you have for actors are set to a skill type (eg magic, special, tech, whatever) and not set to none or they won't work for an actors you have

Only use none for skill type for enemy only skills and for first 4 skills under the skills tab.

Also note that only skill types tgat an actor can use (eg enable under the class, weapon, armor or actor tab) and being enabled in battle (eg under tghe system tab, under SV Magic skills) will a skill type shiw up in the battle menu.

Last edited by a moderator:

thehackeryacker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Bonjour, Je ne parviens pas à vous comprendre. Si je parle français, il va vous aider? Êtes-vous demander:
Vous avez les commandes de combat mis à «se souvenir» donc après vous utilisez les "compétences" commander le premier tour, vous voulez qu'il soit de retour aux compétences commander le prochain tour?

English:

Hello, I am having trouble understanding you. If I speak French, will it help? Are you asking:
You have the battle commands set to "remember" so after you use the "skills"  command the first round, you want it to be back to the skills command the next round? You can reply in français if it is easier,

Zarsla: you said in the systems tab to add the SV skills to "show up"

This (feel free to correct me) is only to list which skills require a casting animation. I use sideview battle, and have not changed this.

(I am also using Yanfly's battle plugins to alter the casting animations).

I added my own skill types in the Types tab and they still show up.

SkillTypes2.jpg

SkillTypes.jpg

Zarsla

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@thehackeryacker

I'm sorry the SV Magic  under system doesn't remove or add skills in the battle command. That was bad communcatuion on my part, I was misinformed and didn't double check it.

However I know for a fact that as long as character/class doesn't have a skill type enabled it won't show up in the battle command

As shown in these pictures:

List of all skill types:

Terms tab.png

Skills enabled on Class:

Class Tab.png

Skills enabled on Actors:

Actor Tab 1.png

Actor Tab 12.png

Skills in battles:

Battle 1.pngBattle 2.pngBattle 3.pngBattle 4.png

As you can see both actors have Magic and Passive as they have the same class but one has test and the other has test2.

thehackeryacker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I follow. I do not fully understand the original question, however. I thought perhaps speaking the users native language might help.

Sounds like the user wanted the cursor set to "remember" and wasn't accomplishing it.

thehackeryacker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have just tested and noticed I am having the same issue. After setting options to "Command Remember"

If I use attack, magic, or guard, on the next turn, it returns to original selection. However if I use skill (player has magic and skill)

it returns back to magic, no matter what "skill type" you set. This only seems to happen with characters who have more than one

skill type.

Val

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Français
Primarily Uses
I have just tested and noticed I am having the same issue. After setting options to "Command Remember"

If I use attack, magic, or guard, on the next turn, it returns to original selection. However if I use skill (player has magic and skill)

it returns back to magic, no matter what "skill type" you set. This only seems to happen with characters who have more than one

skill type.

Yes this is exactly what I meant... Sorry for my bad english. But I want to know if there is a way to make sure that if you use Skills, the next time it will be on skills selection? 

thank ; ) 

thehackeryacker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I just started using MV this past week. Not sure why it does this, it only does it when there is more than one special skill type on the character. If I find a solution I will let you know.

Reactions: Val

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Please watch out for your hands when handling chests! XD Did this a few days ago, it was fun to animate

Apparently, it's illegal to be drunk on licensed premises: pubs, etc. It's illegal for keepers of public houses to permit drunkenness and disorderly conduct. lol.
Pillow Hero - A 16-bit arcade styled puzzle game, update 0.5 is live now on Itch.io! --> https://bifrost09.itch.io/pillow-hero
Would you pay monthly for your pc if you'd get "free" upgrades every 2 years?
well, I definitely have a type, cute redheads with medusa piercings, met and hit it off with two of them in the last 72 hours, what does it mean lol?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
littlecyber