Why not have some central hub for any possible 'achievements' made in engines?

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Cost, demand, and everything aside.

Look at MV/MZ Master Plugin list. The site maintainer obviously doesn't want to scour for plugins out there to add to the list. It is required for the plugin author to put em there on their own. Guess what? there are some who are either too lazy (me, and others) or don't even bother to put them on the list.

Look at RPG Maker Discord servers. They are just too many of them. Some people just want a place they call home. Even though there is an official Discord server, some people just prefer to stay on their servers and never bother to look somewhere else.

Look at Nexus Mod. Which is supposed to be centralized mods for most if not all games. Guess what, some people prefer to host their mods on their site, simply because they don't agree with the recent controversy on the policy change.

Look at the platform wars. Some companies just want exclusive titles because it is a profit to them. Some are PS exclusive, PC exclusive, Switch exclusive.

Look at Epic and Steam. They are trying to steal each other's customers.

For a sake of argument, let's say that there is an actual site to link all game achievements. The site is working and no need to worry about the cost and all.
  • Are you simply dictating that every game developer should link all achievements there?
  • Are you not giving them an option for them to choose or even have their own site?
  • What if, for various reasons, they don't like the site? Either because of the site policy, too much a hassle, or completely unrelated things such as their political agenda?
  • Are you going to punish them for not following the standard?
  • Are you simply going to be a dictator?
Why do you think you can change everyone's mind to have the same idea?

Nereid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
none
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I already mentioned this would ideally be merely another option out of many, because no, exclusivity is never helpful...

TheoAllen

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Then you already have the answer. We can just use Steam for achievement central. But not everyone wanna do it.

Nereid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
none
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
What answer... how much would that be, $100 was it? That's very much "not everyone". No sense if non-commercial too.

TheoAllen

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Back to my point. It is one of the various reasons why they don't like it, or you don't like it.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I made a comic strip with the characters of my game.Flor en la cola eng.jpg
Hey, what does it mean in settings, privacy, where it says allow users to: view your identities??????????
I have returned yet again. No reason for my hiatus; just got distracted by video games and stuff. I figured out how to make a bootleg Ys 1 Battle system using in engine scripting (The only plugin enabled is the HUD thing).
Unfortunately I have no idea how to program but-stabbing as a crit without it being even more complicated to program so this is it.

Kickstarter successful!! I'm gonna have a Hot GameDev Summer in the trenches!
Me and my friend got into one of our usual discussions after I reccomended him a game, and I remember the last time we had a discussion like that, he disabled his FA account. This time, I found myself constantly checking my friends account hoping it wouldn't happen again. ...But it didn't.

The thing is... I just can't lie about my feelings, sometimes. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bebeom1