why or how did you get in to RPG maker

Discussion in 'General Lounge' started by Doogerie, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Rukiri

Rukiri I like to make Action-RPGs Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    I found RPG Maker 95 back in 98/99 " can't say when for certain but to this day I find RPG Maker 95 weird... maybe it's just the translation but the help file wasn't that helpful...

I quickly found RPG Maker 2000 well in 2000 or was it 2001? And the rest is history, granted I prefer doing everything and by that I prefer coding everything so everything is easily accessible.

2. Conflictx3

Conflictx3 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I know this post is 3 years old but I gotta say those goku jr & vegeta jr games were also my first encounter with rpg maker and today they randomly popped up in my head and I was going to make a topic on this site with the exact same topic concept so I could talk about the goku jr/vegeta jr game but a quick Google search n boom its all been done before lol

Miss those games!

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
    Nimbus likes this.
  3. rue669

rue669 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I got involved back in the RM95 days when Don Miguel was translating it and followed through the Rm2k and Rm2k3. I still say those were the golden days of Rpg maker. The community was like a family. I made a lot of good friends there, some that I still have contact with.

I then left RPG Maker for awhile, skipping XP and VX, and have come back to MV with the idea of making a game.

4. Fungii

Fungii Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    First messed around in i thiiink XP? years and years and years ago during a weekend long school trip (it was on the single computer there). Ended up making an entire 20 minute game that was about as good as you'd expect from a gaggle of 13 yr olds who also spent that weekend watching "demented cartoon movie" about 4 times.

Grabbed VX ace from humble bundle and started trying to make a short little "witch trying to gather ingredients" to practice things, but I also stayed up for like, 24 hrs doing it and then soon forgot about it once the high was over. And I even programmed cutscenes!

TengHu likes this.