Conflictx3

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
in the beginning it was because it had a specific job. Now I use RPG Maker BECAUSE of its "bad reputation"

There are alot of good games made with RPG Maker at this point. Some that have even been acknowledged by big wig companies, but what bothers me is RPG Maker boasts you making your ultimate FANTASY RPG. 90% of the successful RPG maker games are niche or horror genre.

I've personally accepted the challenge to make a great Fantasy RPG with RPG MAKER and the challenge is what keeps me working on my project consistently.

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
but what bothers me is RPG Maker boasts you making your ultimate FANTASY RPG. 90% of the successful RPG maker games are niche or horror genre.
That's definitely more the fault of developers much moreso than the engine itself, so yeah I agree that one can craft their dream traditional-style RPG if they're willing to put some effort into all aspects of it. The problem is a lot of people really don't, and even some of the more successful traditional-style RPGs made in RM often exhibit signs of lazy mapping or underdeveloped battle systems. Battle systems especially often feel like they've been skimped on pretty hard.

I've taken on that same challenge myself, and it's been a fun road so far. That's what really matters, IMO.

Xelion

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
With JRPGs being my fave genre, I like its ease of use. It's a hobby for me, as fun as gaming. I'm used to the UI so it's easy to just run the program and start rpgmaking (even a friend who used RPG Maker 2000/2003 like 15 years ago, just opened MV and managed to do some simple stuff directly), but you can still customize a lot beyond that.

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
Couldn't grasp the other editors fast enough and also, one sole graphic artist making a whole game means having too much work to do without RPGM help.

RayGarden7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Figured I'd ask my fellow devs/coders/artists/and just hobbiests here.

Why RPG Maker? In this day and age there so many programs to use, it's the easiest time to make a game. Godot, Unity, Gamemaker, Unreal, and just dozens of other engines/programs to use, each one possibly being used to make RPGs or the other odder games we see float up. But we're all here, we're all messing around with RPG maker. Either as a hobby or as actual commerical products.

I suppose I'm asking, why do you use RPG Maker?

Myself? I find the program does a lot of the more minor stuff compared to some of the other programs. Database function alone helps. I still need to do heavy lifting with either plugins or actual coding myself but it just takes care of a lot of chaff, even if it means I have to go in and refill things.
The programs pretty easy to use and I've used the previous once version before. There are so many resource available for people to use. Not to mention the Rpg Maker Mv guide which explains everything in detail I plan to pick one up later on this year.

rekkatsu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Beside cute pixel art and JRPG genre, I have an outdated PC. (Intel i3)
RPG Maker is nice option to develop games plus I can't code at all.

MerlinCross

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Beside cute pixel art and JRPG genre, I have an outdated PC. (Intel i3)
RPG Maker is nice option to develop games plus I can't code at all.
Kinda the same on that code front.

I can pop the hood open and add somethings or swap stuff around but can't really write from new.

I came back after getting made at my lack of ability with Unity.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

been a while since i posted here my coding class got ****ed because of covid and i did not learn much java script and the little stuff that i did learn i forgot by now
Yosh! :LZScheeze: Made a video with some cool tips and tricks for MV & MZ.
As you watch, I'm curious to know how many tips you already knew. :LZSyum:

Lol. Just got an Apple support scam... is that a thing now? Well, I trolled them good. I played "H.O.L.I.D.A.Y." by The Wiggles and then told them that the supposed victim wasn't at the call center anymore. He was confused so I let it slip that I knew the scam. He hung up on me.
Tired of scammers? Just troll them. They'll run for the hills.
I'm going to schedule my shuttle to the train station today... after I vote. It's not a pleasant thing to do, since I hate politics. So much negative talk. I can see why it's not allowed here. But about the shuttle. My county has a service called PalmTran, and it's really convenient. They pick you up at your home and drop you off where you need to be. Just give them a date and time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
richracer2