Why won't my C tile objects show up in my game? [Solved]

IamWhatonearth

IamWhatonearth Studios
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Edit: Nevermind! I figured it out, I just had to resize my image. Its really lame it doesn't tell you that the image size has to be perfect to show up in the game but still shows the image in the maker though...

I'm making a game where there is a tree in a desert. I can see it is placed in my game maker but when I open the playtest I only see the A tiles.
I found a thread that said nothing other than events can be placed on top of A tiles but when I switched the ground tiles to D tiles I still couldn't see my C tile on top?
I feel like I'm missing something because if I have to place all of my tiles as events what are the other tiles sets even for?

Disappearing Tree 1.pngDisappearing Tree 2.png

Last edited:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Its really lame it doesn't tell you that the image size has to be perfect

Actually, it does.

Help file > Asset Standards > Tileset Details > Set B through Set E
These sets will be used as the upper layers when drawing the map.
These are 768x768 in size and be sure to place the tiles here in a 16x16 arrangement.

IamWhatonearth

IamWhatonearth Studios
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah but it says that about player characters too but I found out you can make player character sheets bigger than what the help file says they should be. My MC is 52 pixels tall and I've tested a 70 pixel characters and that worked too.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I have a really hard time keeping all these goodies secret til December... but I swear, it is worth the wait!
Working on a Premium version of my minimap plugin that will have advanced functionalities such as drawing a Terrain map based completely on the users tilesets, whatever they may be, and drawing minimap radar icons automatically based on texture of the event the note is applied to.
Psttt come look, this is the secret technique to tenderizing steaks, it makes it extra beefy. :rwink:

pixeldailyaxemeatsheild.gif
#screenshotsaturday update, featuring vaporwave angels lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FaceMelter