Will RPG Maker VX Ace's Deployment Be Updated for Android and iPhone? :/

mavins16

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I own two programs from the RPG Maker franchise: RPG Maker MV and RPG Maker VX Ace.
I like RPG Maker MV because I can sell or distribute my game through PC, MacBook, iPhone, and Android.
I was wondering if there will come a time that I can do the same for RPG Maker VX Ace?
Should I personally send an email to the RPG Maker team or has someone resolved this case on their own?
And would people want that feature?

Cheers, Lads

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No, that won't happen.

They tried to create one such exporter before MV was programmed, and because of this there is a single Ace game available on Android. But programming that game and the converter was extremely difficult due to the different languages of the engines.

From what I heard the experiences with that conversion were the reasons why RMMV was switching to javascript - they had so much problems converting the RGSS3-scripts to run on android that it was considered easier to reprogram the entire engine in javascript than to continue with the conversions.

EDIT: and there is the Ace- to MV converter script included with MV, you can convert your Ace game to MV (everything but the RGSS3-scripts) and then export it to android. You just have to replace every script you used on the Ace project with a MV-Plugin

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Also note that ACE is what is known as Legacy software. It will probably never see another update. If you can make things with it, great, if not, time to upgrade.

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It's not happening (which is sad, but it's for all the right reasons). If you want to develop for mobile platforms in RPG Maker, build your game in MV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Based on this screenshot alone, which one would you sell, and which to equip?
Some random sketch-letons.

I have a strong urge to make a tutorial video of all the random things I've learned since starting on my game. little helpful tips and stuff that may help people.
Do you guys think it's better to have all members in your team from the beginning (then you can pick who battles) or you gain team members as the story goes?
PL: Patch polonizujący do RPG Makera 2003 prawie gotowy! Mamy przetłumaczoną bazę danych (projekt), polskie fonty, wiadomości walki i jakieś 90% edytora.
Do przetłumacznia pozostało te 10% edytora i plik pomocy. Niedługo więcej informacji!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anime_Weeb