Will Steam users get access to PS3 versions assets?

Discussion in 'Product Discussion and Support' started by Switz, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Switz

Switz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I've seen some news here and there about console versions for certain consoles being cancelled so not sure if they are still doing this or not. But in the articles I noticed new battlebacks.

Just wondering if those will be updated to our versions if/when the console version(s) finally release.

If they are, when is the console releases?

2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    not unless Degica decides to remake the assets - which they rarely do, because it requires a lot more work than just copying files.
    When the DS-Packages were made available, almost all of the files had to be remade from zero because the RPG-Maker for DS used different formats.
    If there is enough interest they might do it but I consider that unlikely.

3. Switz

Switz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Do you think the same terms would apply? As in (you must own....) to use?

Because wouldn't that be a hard copy (RPG Maker MV - LE)?

I guess it doesn't matter, we will find out eventually. I just wonder though because I've seen one particular battleback that would fit perfectly with a dungeon of ours that has sadly gone through 2 commission attempts and flopped both times - costing us over $200 :(. Assuming it will still be released within the next 8 months-ish we could simply cancel our attempts at having this BG made and use the LE edition if allowed to.