Will we able to use older RTP assets on MV without breaking the copyright?

saviliana

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
chinese
I some how found that the older VX/VXA era of BGM and SE's file sounds better then MV's vanillia, could we pull some of the file out or redirect MV to use these files without breaking the copyright laws?

Sinces that they are all Enterbrain/Kadokawa create and free to download stuff?

Bippzy

Failed Adventurer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you would need to have a licensed version of every RPG Maker you plan to utilize to be able to legally bring assets and sounds over from VX/ VX Ace to MV.

I'm not too sure on being able to make a commercial game using said assets though.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As always, you can use the RTP from any maker you legally own in any other maker you legally own.

However, in the case of MV there are two additional points you need to keep in mind:

1) MV can't encrypt the game, that means at the moment you're not allowed to use shop resources for Ace (which require encryption from their licence) in MV.

Degica tries to solve that licence problem, but until they provide a solution you can't use those older paid resources for pre-MV makers in MV.

2) In the case of RTP/free resources, you still need to convert them to the formats of MV. This requires work and often represents a quality loss because of the resize factor 1.5.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I forgot that forums have profile walls that you can post or comment on, guess I found a new platform to specifically rant about game-related deranged thought or problems that I have. Salut mes amis!
I couldn't help myself, so I edited the tiles a bit and made a birdhouse :LZSsmile: I hope I will finish the town today!Screenshot 2021-09-17 134349.png
How do I find the threads I have watched? It's been so long I've forgotten :kaoswt:
So far, this is how the wall tileset its looking in-editor. :kaoswt2:
1631863283853.png
Still thinking on details to add.
Added a plugin to RMMV Plugin Releases with all relevant info but it looks like the topic wasn't approved for whatever reason. Cool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3hunnaz