SinのAria

The Chaotic One
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
C++
Primarily Uses
N/A
Right now, you can redo Ace and at least to some extent, MV to make it work to make VNs with RPG elements.

Will you be able to make VNM work to make RPGs with VN elements or VN with RPG elements?

And minigames. I'm a huge fan of Kinetic Novels and Novels with Choices and Sound Novels. However, I'm also very much so a fan of VNs with minigame and RPG elements.

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't understand any of your stuff....
but most of the engine is extendable like u want...plugin will be useful for that.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
OP is asking if Visual Novel Maker, new software coming out soon, will be customizable with plugins or whatever like Ace and MV are.

SinのAria

The Chaotic One
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
C++
Primarily Uses
N/A
I don't understand any of your stuff....
but most of the engine is extendable like u want...plugin will be useful for that.
Basically I'm asking if I can do some major reprogramming with Visual Novel Maker coming out soon(tm) like I can with Ace and MV so that I can add RPG elements and minigames.

Uthgard

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Archeia mentioned the Princess Maker games in relation to the maker, so... hopefully? I am also interested in what this brings to the table asides from a pure Visual Novel engine--not that it doesn't look nice from what we've already seen (because it definitely does) but without some flexibility it goes from "must have now" to "when I can afford it".

TakeHomeTheCup

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
They did say you could use JavaScript and/or CoffeScript.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi there, we stated this in VNMaker Steam Store Page but I'll reiterate here just in case!
SCRIPTING AND EXTENSIONS OF USER-INTEGRATED FUNCTIONALITY: Visual Novel Maker features Scripting, the ability to add new mechanics or functions in-game, and Extensions, the ability to modify the editor to add your own commands, to give users full control!

1.) VNM supports plugins made in CoffeeScript or Javascript. Similar to RPG Maker using JS to add new features.
2.) VNM also supports Editor Plugins. What makes this different from RPG Maker is that you can program new features for the editor itself. This means, if you want to change how an event command works and have the editor reflect it, you can. If you want to a new command or tab, you can do it.

I hope that answers your question. :)

yajirobi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
it certainly answers mine!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

A bust of my character, Lizzabelle, that I put together in GIMP. I combined the RMMZ generated face with my actual illustration of her. This is just me experimenting with busts. I don't really want to use busts in dialogue, but perhaps in the character menu.

2Ixbzbd.png
How many people actually like action commands? (Which is pressing a button at the right time during an attack to deal more damage.)
It is a curse and a blessing getting better at javascript after each plugin... Now I am considering changing two previous plugins completely, and they're not small plugins either -.-' Not to mention that I'll add more features... This is why I never manage to release a game, I just keep updating everything I've already done :p
Hello! Thank you for visiting my Page! ✅

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PsYcHiC_PuSsYcAt