Will we get to see an Android expoerter/SDK of any kind in the near future?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregbaby

Evil Genius. o_O
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I know this has been asked raised many times, but there's always a bunch of smoke & mirrors and gossip/rumours surrounding this.

I have played the Doom & Destiny game, and despite the use of standard crappy RTP engine grahpics the game functions and runs very well and is actually quite good.

The promising thing with this particular title is that they have used a custom battle engine and have custom lighting effects meaning they've been able to implement non-stock rpg maker scripts.

I have discussed this issue with one of the mods in the past who ascertained that the game was technically legal as they have used rpg maker to create the game but have since designed their own "engine" for it to work with Android, Xbox and Windows phone.

I have contacted them regarding their engine and requested to use this for a fee and they didnt bother messaging back so their clearly keeping their baby close to their chest which is understandable as they seem to be the ONLY people who have succesfully managed to do this and have beaten Enterbrain to it, it may be worth Degica/Enterbrain discussing the possibility of getting their hands on this and offering this as a package- including a how to/help file in getting our games running.

Would it be possible to get some clarity as to whether this is in the pipleline and an estimated release date? I've seen on some other forums where RPG Maker Staff have commented (Steam if I'm not mistaken) that they were working on this around 2 years ago...

Any input would be great, no spamming with second guesses please.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Maybe you never get a definite answer because IF there is such a thing in the works, anybody involved may not be at liberty to discuss it. If that was the case with all the other times it's been asked, it likely hasn't changed, so you will still only get smoke and mirrors ;)

You seem to be making the assumption that Degica does not want this to happen, or does not want to work on this with other parties. What makes you think they're NOT talking with people who have done it already? It's not as easy as "Hey, you've exported an RM game. Can we have your tech so we can share with our customers?" "Oh, yeah, sure, why not. The more the merrier."

gregbaby

Evil Genius. o_O
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hey Shaz,

Lol yeah I understand the secrecy behind this kind of news, its just the talk of this happening has been a long time coming and it just seems there's never any news regarding this so it seems it isn't a priority/concern. For all I know they're working their nuts off on the next RPG Maker VX ACE +++ engine and the android port is on the sidelines for the time being.

I just wish I was as good as the programmer over at HeartBit Interactive as I'd just go ahead and write my own but sadly I am not a scripter, well not a very good one anyways lol I can modify through trial and error but thats about it!

Just need to be patient I suppose! It is a virue I sadly lack from time to time :)

EDIT- I offered to pay the guys over at Heartbit to get my hands on the engine/files but they did not even grace me with a response lol

I'm sure Amaranth games could make a pretty penny from this exporter also ;) you have many games to offer there and just imagine those opened up to the entire android market! $$$

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For all I know they're working their nuts off on the next RPG Maker VX ACE +++ engine and the android port is on the sidelines for the time being.
But then, if your logic is "working on it" means "talking about it", you'd be seeing stuff all over the place about RPG Maker VX ACE +++.

No announcements means there is nothing to tell. It does not mean there is nothing happening.

gregbaby

Evil Genius. o_O
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Touché. I shall wait patiently, and hope for the best! :) :) :)

May as well close this shaz before it gets spammed to hell! >_>

Cheers!

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
no worries :)

I'm waiting patiently with you ;)

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The new intro Logo for my videos.
The workweek is now over. Now I can work on my GamZzzzzZzzzzZzzzZzzZz....
Just watched Onward with the family. One of the best movies I've ever seen. <3
2 hours & 20 minutes remaining. :D
...trying to hurry finish up all commissions before I never put the controller down again ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thebitewarrior