Will you deliberately write uncommon bad codes with strange poor designs to make plagiarisms easier to prove?

Anyone

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
ALL FORMS of security WILL be cracked. Does that mean we shouldn't bother with any of it? There's no such thing as perfect security right now because given sufficient amount of time, someone will figure it out.

Add a lock to your door, someone will pick the lock. Or just kick it in.
Make it an electric lock, and they just hack the system. Or just kick it in.

Hasn't stopped people from offering solutions and making billions of dollars in the process :cool:
Hey, arms race has been the source of innovation and $$$$$ for centuries.
It's a business, but it's more profitable for the ones who sell it than the ones who buy it. DRM in video games has made that abundantly clear.
So unless you intend to earn big bucks from offering a authentification solution from RPG Maker plugin devs...you're more likely to be on the side that feels compelled to buy something that won't necessarily be profitable for you, but might actually cut more into your profits.

Code authentication I think is a real problem that should be solved. It doesn't need to be mangled code, but it should be clever enough that people that aren't careful will leave fingerprints that will be treated as concrete evidence that it was plagiarized.
And then? What's the next step?

Ebooks are plagued by a similar problem, but they're one step ahead of you, because it's very easy to show that a given book is a direct copy of someone elses. So when someone takes their books and sells them on some small platform, they can prove that it was plagiarized.

But they're at the next step: what do you do then? What's your advantage in knowing & proving it?

Because it turns out, the ones who steal stuff & sell it often do so through gateways that make them difficult to track. Leaving you at a place where all you can really do is shout into the void: "Look, he stole it from me! That's mine, actually."

So once you know some code was stolen from you, and the person used a dumping account and wired it through bitcoin or certain banks...what's your follow up?

It sounds like a hell of a lot of work for accomplishing something that doesn't help you a lot and will actively make your plugins more difficult to work with, more difficult to integrate in other systems & less likely to be bought because of it.
Where's the silver lining for you?

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
So unless you intend to earn big bucks from offering a authentification solution from RPG Maker plugin devs...
A code authentication solution ideally could be applied to any code, not just RPG Maker code. Unless you're saying no one else in the world cares about this.

Leaving you at a place where all you can really do is shout into the void: "Look, he stole it from me! That's mine, actually."

So once you know some code was stolen from you, and the person used a dumping account and wired it through bitcoin or certain banks...what's your follow up?
I would say that's the goal.

You just need to be able to prove that it was stolen from you, or to prove that you didn't steal from someone else. That alone is a big deal.

Things like them hiding their money in offshore bank accounts or whatever, is not really that important. If someone is running a business, you just go after the business.

It sounds like a hell of a lot of work for accomplishing something that doesn't help you a lot and will actively make your plugins more difficult to work with, more difficult to integrate in other systems & less likely to be bought because of it.
Where's the silver lining for you?
You're working under the assumption that the code must be necessarily mangled. and therefore hard to work with. We already do that with IIFE's to an extent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Hello I buyed RPG Maker VX Ace a long ago and I want to use it again but in the meantime I changed my pc but I lost the paper with my product key on so I can't use RPG maker again... someone can help me please ? or there is no hopes ?:'( ( I have a bad english I'm sorry )
I was away this days here in the forum but it was for a good cause!
The trailer of the demo of Luke Inn is on youtube and I am so happy!
I need to see the bugs of the game but I am happy that I have new content to show!

The last part of the modern interior will be ready soon. This will be a B-tile. With interior items for the kitchen, bathroom, toilet and storage room.
This frantic shooting ARPG plugin for MZ looks really great. Here is the link to a post from the official Japanese RPG Maker forum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tp0000