Window Background Designer

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English

Tired of the same old windows? Want to use your own custom image to create your menus and user interfaces?

This plugin allows you to assign images to your windows and use them as the window backgrounds. It also allows you to remove the window
frame so that all the player will see is your custom image.

Being able to decorate your window is important, as windows can be dynamically created and animated.

For example, if you had a window that slides in from the side of the screen, you would want the window images to follow the window.

Images are drawn under the contents of the window, so text and other images drawn on the window will be displayed above the image.
This plugin supports any window, as long as you add them to the supplied configuration file, so if you're using custom menus or custom
interfaces, you can add images to them as well.

Note that this plugin is not meant to change the layout of your menus, so the menu I show above will require you to first create the layout before adding the images. However, once the layout is provided, you can easily add images to create interfaces like this:

Into interfaces like this, by using pictures for the windows:

More information and downloads are available at HimeWorks
Free for commercial and non-commercial use

Last edited by a moderator:

Neo Soul Gamer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Sooooo I hate to look so far ahead but... When do you think the Layout plugin will come out? I've been dying for something like this.

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Sooooo I hate to look so far ahead but... When do you think the Layout plugin will come out? I've been dying for something like this.

I don't have an ETA on a comprehensive layout plugin that would allow you to design your entire menu by just saying "put this here, put this there, draw these things in here".

It is not difficult to say "put this window here, make it this tall and this wide", but once you get into what to draw IN those windows...different story.

Neo Soul Gamer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Makes sense. I'll be looking forward to it regardless. In the mean time, this is still a great plugin.

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Makes sense. I'll be looking forward to it regardless. In the mean time, this is still a great plugin.

If you have any particular layouts you would like you could put in a request.

I'm offering commissions for layout practice to try to find a way to build a designer out of it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I've been debating on this as the title screen for a while now...
Ami
--- Dialog Filter ---

Gunner: Yo! my ****** friend?
Hero: Uhh,what happen with your mouth?
Gunner: Huh? what ****** happen with my mouth? i just speech as usual.
Hero: But,your mouth are like the garbage!
Gunner: Hey,what the **** are you say? you want the piece of **** with my ****** Gun!
(Meanwhile,The Dialog Filter In The Option Is Off)
Demo for Maze of the Lost MZ released. I would appreciate any and all feedback and constructive criticism. If you like Dungeon Crawlers and JRPG's with a hint of Metroidvania and Shadowgate/Uninvited you might like it. https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/maze-of-the-lost-mz-demo-port-from-mv.127971/
Well, here it is, colored. :kaoslp:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zelda3469