AveyondFan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I found a way to remove the party command window (the fight/escape thing in rpg maker XP) and I tested it in a testing file and after placing some commas i forgot to add and the like, it worked swimmingly.
I could have sworn I tested it in my main game yesterday and it worked, but I apparently forgot to save so I went back and copy and pasted the needed scripts into my main game. Either that or I had a really vivid dream last night about RPG Maker XP. Both are equally likely as far as I'm aware now.

It's now giving me the error Script 'Window_Command' line 40: TypeError occurred. cannot convert nil into String every time I get into any battle.

I may have the scripting knowledge of a newborn, but from reading that portion of the script and considering what the goal of the edits were, I'm guessing it has something to do with how the windows are drawn, though it is only happening during the battles.

The real kicker is this edit to the four Screen_Battle scripts does not require that script to be edited.

Here is the link to the edits I found

I'm willing to create a test file that recreates the issue for anyone who wants to help.

AveyondFan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Update: I found the issue. It occurs when I remove the run feature.
This still doesn't explain why it doesn't work in the game but works in the test file.
Can someone help me edit these correctly so I can remove the Fight/Escape feature in RPG Maker XP?
With how I'm doing the initiation of field battles, that window is redundant because the party won't be able to escape combat once it has started. It'd just be another window you have to go through for no reason.

Edit: Figured it out.

For those of you who'd like to replicate this, you skip step one and step four of the link's tutorial.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

When there's a will, there's a lifehack. :ninja:

Before i mess with battle UI further, does it look decent enough? :hswt:
Free MZ? That's good. I should go try it out then.
Let's see if I can make it in time xD
Knipsel.PNG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fmovieswebsite