bluebooth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
So, I'm having a weird problem. My old laptop died on me. I got a new one, installed all the things.
I installed RPGMaker MV, and opened it up.

To my bewilderment, I get the following screen:
RPGMakerMV_Troubleshooting_07012017.jpg

Note that the top menu is completely obscured by the window title, and the right side and bottom are incorrectly sized, even when RPGMaker MV is set to full-screen. On top of this, everything seems to be misaligned. By clicking on the new icon, the menu item above the new icon will drop down, and clicking below the new icon will activate the new icon. This makes trying to do anything in the editor incredibly frustrating. For popups such as the database editor, etc. this problem is still in effect, and often ends up obscuring variables whose name I really need to see.

Steps taken:
-Changed display text size from 125% to 100%
-Uninstalled and reinstalled RPGMaker MV
-Restarted laptop
-Manually resized the window
-Searched the forums for similar cases
-Attempted to contact RPGMaker support, but the page keeps glitching out, becoming inoperable

Relevant system metrics:
I'm running Windows 10 x64
RPGMaker v1.5.0
Geforce GTX 950 driver v382.53
8 GB DDR4 RAM

How can I fix this?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
what is your laptops screen size in pixels?
It looks as if the display is barely minimum size for RMMV, and if that is the case you have only two options left:
1) set the taskbar to autohide so that you can move the windows a bit down
2) if that is not enough, you'll need a program for a virtual desktop and scroll through it

bluebooth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
what is your laptops screen size in pixels?
It looks as if the display is barely minimum size for RMMV, and if that is the case you have only two options left:
1) set the taskbar to autohide so that you can move the windows a bit down
2) if that is not enough, you'll need a program for a virtual desktop and scroll through it

Thanks for the quick reply!

My laptop is a 15" display, but I'm running it through HDMI cable to a larger monitor. In my past experiences, RMMV has fit into both just fine. :)

In the screenshot above, I was showing off how it doesn't fit properly even when RMMV is set to full-screen mode.

To summarize:
Display settings:
Laptop display: 15"
Monitor: Roughly 30"
Resolution: 1920 x 1080 (landscape)

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Then you didn't set the data for the second display correctly and it is most likely still set to 150% dpi or so.
Or the display driver uses the build-in display to determine the aspect ratio how programs are maximized.

What is the onboard display pixel size? what happens if you use only that?
And is the laptop set to copy display, extended desktop or is the internal display disabled?

bluebooth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Then you didn't set the data for the second display correctly and it is most likely still set to 150% dpi or so.
Or the display driver uses the build-in display to determine the aspect ratio how programs are maximized.

What is the onboard display pixel size? what happens if you use only that?
And is the laptop set to copy display, extended desktop or is the internal display disabled?

The onboard display pixel side, with the connection between the onboard laptop and the external monitor removed is:
1920x1080 (landscape). There was no change in the issue using only the onboard display.

The monitor and laptop displays are set to duplicate.

I've set the DPI from 125% to 100%, signed out and re-signed in.

Still no change, unfortunately.

Blackxwolf

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey, I've had a similar problem and fixed it by right clicking on the RPG Maker MV icon and then select 'execute with graphics processor' (my system's default language isn't English, so it could be named slightly different), and then pick your NVIDIA processor. If it runs correctly then, you can also choose 'change standard graphics processor' in the same menu as you were in before, and then change the standard processor for RPGMaker MV to your NVIDIA processor, so you don't have to click through the menu every time.

Hope this also works for you!

EDIT: I recently updated some drivers, which I think somehow changed my default graphic processor.

bluebooth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey, I've had a similar problem and fixed it by right clicking on the RPG Maker MV icon and then select 'execute with graphics processor' (my system's default language isn't English, so it could be named slightly different), and then pick your NVIDIA processor. If it runs correctly then, you can also choose 'change standard graphics processor' in the same menu as you were in before, and then change the standard processor for RPGMaker MV to your NVIDIA processor, so you don't have to click through the menu every time.

Hope this also works for you!

EDIT: I recently updated some drivers, which I think somehow changed my default graphic processor.

I tried the steps you listed and it completely fixed the issue!

Thank you for posting this. This was exactly my problem. For some ungodly reason, my default graphic processor was set to the Intel onboard, instead of the Geforce GTX 950 in my machine.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Phew! logged back. Seems I was too occupied with 3D learning (yeah for RPGM purposes) creating IRL space, trying to grow catnip, dealing with health and DC is good. (so MrC) ^^
Currently trying to add items in the same style as Kyrise's excellent icons. I like having a large variety of items :3 KyriseandMe.PNG
Create MiniMaps, Sprites for MV Enemies, & Aethereal Plane Battlebacks | RPG Maker News #74

Vtubers Vs MOTHER.png

This might be my next project. You like it?
I'm off to search the master script list for my skill issue. HOORAY! FUN!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ziaz82