Nectar

Bees love me.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Question #1: Can I add the Window_ItemStatus window that displays an image's picture and its stats to plugins like Yanfly's Synthesis?

Question #2: Can I add this Window_ItemStatus window to the Equip Scene as well? If so, how?

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
to answer both answer, it's do able.

as for the how, beats me, but you need to make alias from their function to make it work
in the way you exacly want it to be.

to be more specific, you can mockup a sketc of how you want the windows to be shown
or how to be shown so others that know javascript good can help you nicely in the way how
to set that up or give you direction if you know javascript.

Nectar

Bees love me.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
to answer both answer, it's do able.

as for the how, beats me, but you need to make alias from their function to make it work
in the way you exacly want it to be.

to be more specific, you can mockup a sketc of how you want the windows to be shown
or how to be shown so others that know javascript good can help you nicely in the way how
to set that up or give you direction if you know javascript.
Well, the way Window_ItemStatus is structured is the exact way I want it...

Nectar

Bees love me.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Anybody? How can I get Window_ItemStatus to show on Yanfly Synthesis and on the Equip Screen??? I need help implementing this :c

Nectar

Bees love me.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Nectar

Bees love me.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Nectar

Bees love me.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Nectar

Bees love me.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have taken a brief look at this, and with my admittedly limited knowledge on how menu scenes work I can give you the following insights:

The info window is created in the Item_Scene via the following function in the Scene_Item.prototype.createItemWindow() function:
this.createInfoWindow();

In order to use this in a different scene, you would add the function in the code line to the function that creates the rest of the scene, in the same way. Most likely this will be named SCENE_NAME.prototype.create(), but that's something you'll need to verify for yourself in the plugin you want to modify.

Secondly, simply adding that line above will not exactly work, because it's calling the creation of a window in the current scene via a function specific to that scene. You'll need to add the function to the modified scene in order for it to be called. In the item core plugin, this function is the following:

Code:
Scene_Item.prototype.createInfoWindow = function() {
    var wx = this._itemWindow.width;
    var wy = this._itemWindow.y;
    var ww = Graphics.boxWidth - wx;
    var wh = this._itemWindow.height;
    this._infoWindow = new Window_ItemInfo(wx, wy, ww, wh);
    this._itemWindow.setInfoWindow(this._infoWindow);
    this.addWindow(this._infoWindow);
};
For this to work in another scene, you need to add this function to that scene. Change 'Scene_Item' to 'Scene_Synthesis' or whatever. Keep in mind you are not changing this function in the item core plugin.

As you can see from the function, the x, y and height of the info window is based on the size of the itemwindow in this scene. Depending on the scene you're putting it into, you're going to need to change these values to have them fit into the scene. The ItemSynthesis plugin itself covers the whole scene already, so you'll also have to change the positions and sizes of other windows in that scene as well for it to work at all.

As you can see, even describing the changes that need to be made is complicated, actually making those changes is another story. Hopefully this will help you get started.

palatkorn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
He is doing the same thing I want as well.
This is the sequence of actions. In my little understanding I just studied basic javascript so I can't understand all.
I saw this post from google and I think
I have to repeat all to create a window. New to run

This is create window

zxzxa.JPG

This is called to add it to the item screen.
xxxx.JPG

I may have misunderstood it, because I had only just started it last week to understand this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I have to make a custom tree for my FSM game and I'm nervous I won't get it right.
Finally got the tablet picture! :LZSsmile:
Working hard on my Mode7 interiors in between calls at work!
A good idea rise a moment before falling asleep, and survive the second coffee the day next morning.
Playtesting for Battle Castle is done, demo time for me was roughly 6 hours and 20 minutes. I'm going to pass it on to a few friends first, and after getting some feedback will be posting an official topic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZeldaGurl11