Window_Selectables Edit (in YEP_PartySystem) - What did I miss??

Raith

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
(I'm not sure where to put this thread, but since the boards say Javascript Support, I decided to put it here)

So I'm trying to change Window_Selectables size across many scenes in many of Yanfly's and my own plugins.

What I want is simple: just size change to adjust with every scene bitmap background.

So far I can change the window size, adjust the selection rectangle size relative to the window size, and make it clickable.

Now the problem is how do I align any GUI inside the window (pictures, text etc.).
Every time I tried to change the alignment, everything got cut and won't be wrapped nicely inside the window.

A particular version of this problem is from the edit of YEP_PartySystem.

Here's a screenshot:

Window_Selectable.PNG
See? the gap between two pink box is too wide. I've tried to fix what so called "rect.x" but it also mess up with the size of selection box (the perpendicular corners). Here's the unedited YEP_PartySystem code I'm trying to edit to adjust that gap:

Window_PartySelect.prototype.drawItem = function(index) {
var actor = $gameActors.actor(this._data[index]);
var rect = this.itemRect(index);
rect.x += this.textPadding() / 2;
rect.y += this.textPadding() / 2;
rect.width -= this.spacing();
rect.height -= this.textPadding();
if (actor) {
this.drawActor(rect, actor);
} else {
this.drawEmpty(rect);
}
};

And I realized that this is also the problem case of everything that use graphics in any window inheriting Window_Selectables behavior.

What should I do?

Any help will be appreciated :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

One 3-day jam and a Game Awards... this month is moving... \o/
Maker-ing has been being the best thing that happened to me this year so far. it is so good to rescue some old skills fo creativity and the people I have met are really incredible. I love my coffelanders and tocudos buddies. Maybe one day I will reach other countries folks too. S2
Well... My game plays better at 1920x1080, so I guess that's the new resolution. Still runs at 60FPS. :LZSexcite: Also... I really want a boss to be able to build new maps around the player... Mostly because it's visually spectacular! I'm er... not quite sure yet how I can do that without making MV explode.... But I'll find a way, anything in service to the "sparkles"! :kaopride:
How to change your netbooks screen resolution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jefigeb851