Digital Religion

Dark Devil
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just to let everyone know. I have had some issues with installing Rpgmaker Vx Ace on the Technical Review of Windows 10. I installed it through steam several times and even checked the integrity of the files through steam. After each install it had told me Rpgmaker Vx Ace RTP is not installed.

The fix around it is very simple.

Just download the RTP at this url ---------> http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/download/additional/run-time-packages 

Make sure when you are installing it. You select the Steam Install folders.

It should look something like this. ---------> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\RPGVXAce\rtp

Hope this helps if anyone else is experiencing this issue. 

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Moving to Tech Support - All Makers

Is this just with the Steam version, or does it happen with the standalone version as well? Have you tried (could you try) grabbing the trials of XP and VX, including the RTPs, and installing them and let us know how they go?

Is it a problem with the Ace and/or Steam installer, or a problem with the Windows 10 tech review that may be fixed between now and the official release?

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
My steam auto-installed the RTP on my windows 7 so probably it's an issue between steam and Windows 10.

Digital Religion

Dark Devil
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Shaz - Sure, I will go ahead and try the others versions as well. 

@Engr You are probably right. It most likely has to do with steam and its connection.

boldpaste2

The Dragon Heretics
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Strange, I'm running the technical preview and I had no problems with the installation of the rtp. 0.o

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are you using the steam version boldpaste?

Digital Religion

Dark Devil
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Weird. I wonder what it may have been that caused this then. I did an install with all the demos fro this site as well. They all installed perfectly fine. 

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's good to hear. It must be something about Steam then, which means we can't fix it ourselves, but I'm sure Steam will take care of whatever the problem is as they have their own developers work with the new OS.

Digital Religion

Dark Devil
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am sure they will figure it out. The beta for Windows 10 has not been out very long at all. So I assume there will be issues with lots of things in it. 

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Actually that's true, it was already on the news about a month or so ago... They're going straight for windows 10...

Ralpf

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Windows 10 already? LOL
The MS heads have lost the ability to count, just look at the XBox names for proof.

This isn't just in Windows 10, I had to do the same thing on my new laptop running Windows 8.1. Steam version.

Last edited by a moderator:

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
They actually already first set news about windows 9, I really don't know why they decided to go straight to 10 afterwards...

Marsigne

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
About the Windows 10 names, while it haven't been confirmed yet by Microsoft, there have been some hypothesis or possible answers on why they did it, and the most logical and convincing answer is because it messes up with legacy code on some programs because they were coded that if they have the "Windows 9" name (for Windows 95 or 98), they would have legacy stuff, and if you know Microsoft, you would know their extensive compatibility to legacy operative systems, to the extent that DOS can be ran on the Windows operative systems, so that makes it more logical that they'd skip the Windows 9 name. There are other hypothesis, like there have been one that it is Windows 10 because of the big advancements from Windows 8 that they needed to skip 1 generation or number. Either way, it sounds logical to me, unlike many people which says that it is pointless.

Here is an article about the legacy code hypothesis: http://microsoft-news.com/new-rumors-claim-that-microsoft-skipped-windows-9-name-because-of-legacy-code-compatibility-issues/

Gothic Lolita

YouTube Starlet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Got one little question about Windows 10 too, is it still as slow as Windows 8.1 in full screen?
Only reached about 20 FPS with standard resolution in full screen.

But thank you for the help, because I downloaded the Technical Review of Windows 10 too, but only need a DVD to burn it. :D
But this will help me to avoid at least one error with it, thank you. :D (\s/)

Rendar-

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The steam version has worked completely fine for me in Windows 10. Perhaps your account didn't have proper permissions to install the RTP properly?

Marsigne

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The steam version has worked completely fine for me in Windows 10. Perhaps your account didn't have proper permissions to install the RTP properly?
Maybe they fixed it, but it really had that problem at the time he posted, as I had the problem too, but it's a really easy fix :) , or maybe something else happened? xD (if it's not fixed, for example xD), thanks for pointing out! :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Exploding Fruits and Rasaks Pixelfarm Assets | RPG Maker News #108

So ghosts can go through walls and stuff, and depending their type (according to fantasy media) they can or can't interact with objects to a certain degree...

So why they don't always fall through floors? Do they always float and sometimes simulate walking? If things go through them how can they hear/see? And why sometimes they have clothing? Do clothes die as well?
my birthday was yesterday...
i feel closer 2 being able 2 get a discount on the kids menu than i do being able to buy booze1627428008986.png
Getting to play your RM game on Steam Deck? How cool is that?
The best among us don't set out to be heroes. They don't want that job. They just set out to do the things nobody else wants to do. Because... someone has to do it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Switchboy0815