Daisetsu

Shinobi
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German,English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have real a problem... i bought a new computer because the old one not working anymore.
This Pc is with Windows 10 and my Rpg maker MV is on Steam. Everyhting working fine no crashing nothing but i cant select anything. But its seems that all the charsets that are already set are working without a problem.

Tried it already with admin rights and on all other Project but same Result. This is a real breaker for me because i am working since 2017 on my project... i cant change the maker or the engine or something like that.

So i need really some help here please.

1596103771522.png

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
that has nothing to do with either steam or Windows 10 - I use the sme combination without problems.

Best guess is that you copied your projects into the wrong place on your new computer.
RMMV creates HTML5-based games, and that means that the entire project path to the files has to obey networking rules. If there is a single folder whose name breaks thos rules in the path, then the engine will be unable to load the files.

This specifically includes the regular user directories if your username on your new computer breaks those rules.

Basically only latin letters and numbers and very few special signs are allowed to be used, spaces or non-latin letters etc. will cause problems.

If you aren't sure, please post the entire path from drive letter to index.html here and we can check for you.

Daisetsu

Shinobi
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German,English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Youre a Hero!
Now it working again thanks for your help!

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

One 3-day jam and a Game Awards... this month is moving... \o/
Maker-ing has been being the best thing that happened to me this year so far. it is so good to rescue some old skills fo creativity and the people I have met are really incredible. I love my coffelanders and tocudos buddies. Maybe one day I will reach other countries folks too. S2
Well... My game plays better at 1920x1080, so I guess that's the new resolution. Still runs at 60FPS. :LZSexcite: Also... I really want a boss to be able to build new maps around the player... Mostly because it's visually spectacular! I'm er... not quite sure yet how I can do that without making MV explode.... But I'll find a way, anything in service to the "sparkles"! :kaopride:
How to change your netbooks screen resolution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vollar45