Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey Guys,

I made the jump into Windows 11 and honestly, I'm enjoying the direction it's going, but its a LONG way from being ready for full user adoption.

In my case it makes RMMZ basically unusable as any attempt to playtest results in my screen freaking out (imagine an old tv with a scrolling image if you will) any time I go to playtest.

Has anyone else upgraded to Windows 11 and successfully been able to test their games? Just wondering if there are any workarounds to this issue.

Cheers,

Steven

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I dont take Windows 11 or take win10 (I stick to win7 for a looooooooong while)!
reason for that, because I want total control over my system and win10/11
wont allow it, because you need to do so many things to get full control.

so I dont have a problem by then ^^

but you probably need to make many adjustments, but the one thing you could
try if not tried yet, is to right click MZ maker and go to properties, from there,
see if you can find compabilities and thing it is running on win7/8/10 or whatever,
and test again, it should remove the issue you have.

otherwise, I dont know how to solve it otherwise.

Milennin

"With a bang and a boom!"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There's no compatibility mode to change to?

stevenblanc

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Honestly, I didn't think of that as I launch through steam; but that gets us part of the way there. Created a new project to test it out. The screen issues stopped, but even in a brand new game, playtest now gets as far a blank black screen.

Is there a separate file somewhere for the playtest executable?

UPDATE: Found the nw.exe and a host of other executables and updated them all to run with Windows 8 Compatibility; no luck, still black screen on new project load:

Game Folder:
- QtWebEngineProcess.exe
- RPGMZ.exe
- Tutorial.exe

nwjs Folder:
- chromedriver.exe
- nw.exe
- nwjc.exe
- payload.exe

UPDATE 2: nwjs now no longer terminates when I close the playtest window. Keeping the log of updates for anyone who happens to have these issues.

UPDATE 3: screen flickering stopped. The playtest window loads blank and does not load the game, after a brief period the window stops responding. Note: This is trying to load a brand new project, no plugins other than default created project. Still no luck, not sure what else I can try. Hope someone has some ideas!

I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software through steam and its the same. Same occurs for RPG Maker MV.

Last edited:

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for the info, I'll stick to Win10 then...

Ami

World Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
nah,i prefer to stay in windows 10,'cause i'm not sure if it's available globally

stevenblanc

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just in case anyone is still interested, after fiddling with compatibility settings of the subfiles I got everything working again. Windows has put out a couple updates which has improved the stability of the playtest a bit. I still get the screen blurring quite frequently (not every time) but the complete old time tv screen flickering is rare now.

Will leave this open and mark it as solved when the graphics are stable on playtest, so those of you wishing to take the jump can do so.

AeroPergold

RPG Maker Nutcase
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I've planned to stick to Windows 10 since some of the UI for 11 looks kinda bad. But if RPG Maker compatiblity is something I wish then I'm also sticking to 10.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thank you for testing, unfortunately I haven't gotten Windows 11 yet.

Arctica

The Arbiter of Time
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I dont take Windows 11 or take win10 (I stick to win7 for a looooooooong while)!
reason for that, because I want total control over my system and win10/11
wont allow it, because you need to do so many things to get full control.

so I dont have a problem by then ^^

but you probably need to make many adjustments, but the one thing you could
try if not tried yet, is to right click MZ maker and go to properties, from there,
see if you can find compabilities and thing it is running on win7/8/10 or whatever,
and test again, it should remove the issue you have.

otherwise, I dont know how to solve it otherwise.
The only downside to win 10+(home edition only) is the auto updates that you can't disable. Other than that there's full control of everything else. I agree that win 7 is great and the last of the old school windows OS's. Microsoft seems to be thinking for people and assuming what they add and change is exactly what we want ::shrugs::

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Arctica win10+ forces update (including driver updates you want to avoid),
even games installation you dont want.

the control you have on win7 (chekcing updates before installation) and updates
you dont want for software if they are working perfectly (and stable).

forcing updates are mostly beta's, hard to revert back if you cannot control it.
I like total control so I can change things when needed, instead they block it,
and take a big detour in order to do so.

there are things I dont like in win10 and I got 5 software that dont work on win10.
because most developers wont update until before a really stable version.

so I stick on win7 so I can use the software that can work on it because there is
no alternative software that works like it.

for regular people, it might work just fine, for games or high graphic end, you want
control over everything and exclude updates you dont need or have or exclude
beta's out of it from all the crap they try to install sneaky.

if they give that back to the people, than I might consider a newer version,
not before that ^^.

Aenigmat

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
I'm using RMXP, RMMV and RMMZ on the latest Windows 11 Preview/Insider build, everything is working fine, can you tell me what's the build you are using?

stevenblanc

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Right now the 22000.282 which is the cumulative September update. Screen flickering and scrolling when running this build is less frequent but still happens on occasion. Typically once it stops, it will remain gone until the next restart.

I've just seen that they released a cumulative October update that I will install today and see if this improves stability.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I think it's ready - Chapter Selection:
unknown.png
On another more gaming topic, I paid 20 bucks for a visual novel to emotionally destroy me. I may write an entry about that.
1638611395177.png
Reading about metaverses recently. I can totally imagine myself in the future, logging in with VR glasses to a virtual beach villa sitting in a virtual chair, with a virtual laptop facing the sea...coding 16-bit RM.
Mod name: "[Game name] Gameplay Overhaul"
What they actually mean: "Here is a mod that makes the game harder."
I decided to reinstall one of my most favourite game of all times, Gothic 2. Time to get back to Khorinis!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwa1g