_Shadow_

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Well  I imagine that,scrolling the map along with the character hero, is done by erasing screen and redrawing it multiple times.

I assume that on some settings a bottleneck occurs and performance of the higher than ground level tiles jitter.

My PC has AMD CPU and Nvidia Graphics card. I have the issue. The PC is 7 years old.

My cousin, has  a 3 years old PC that has an Intel inside (lol) and an AMD graphics card. He has NOT the problem.

EternalShadow

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yeah, I have Intel graphics + CPU. I can't trigger the jitter on a moderately performance-heavy map, but I'm sure I could trigger it on a super heavy one if I wanted to.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@GrandmaDeb don't downgrade. If it works fine on small screen that's fine. RM's Fullscreen isn't really so good anyway :s

_Shadow_

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@GrandmaDeb don't downgrade. If it works fine on small screen that's fine. RM's Fullscreen isn't really so good anyway :s
I think she won't.

She has no issue if I understand correct so no problem. ;)

GrandmaDeb

Modern Exteriors Posted!
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
/me is conflicted

I have to admit I have never used full screen.

I am sooo tempted to just forget I ever saw this thread, lol.

I am sorry if I have hijacked it a bit.

mea culpa

_Shadow_

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
/me is conflicted

I have to admit I have never used full screen.

I am sooo tempted to just forget I ever saw this thread, lol.

I am sorry if I have hijacked it a bit.

mea culpa
Ok get a love spray from me now!!! <3 <3 <3 

It's ok.

As long as you got NO problem, go on and enjoy your new laptop dear! :D

Sailerius

Engineer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Maybe not, but a GC can determine how fast things are drawn on a computer. The baseline will be drawn at the 'worst' performing item, such as the GC or HD.
That's a huge oversimplification of the way that a GPU works. Graphics in a game or game engine have to be programmed in a certain way using shaders to benefit from GPU acceleration. For the most part, RPG Maker does not depend on the GPU and you will not notice any performance difference whatsoever no matter how good or bad your GPU is - because it's simply not used.

Please don't spread misinformation like this unless you know what you're talking about because it confuses people and causes them to spread it, too.

Last edited by a moderator:

_Shadow_

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
That's a huge oversimplification of the way that a GPU works. Graphics in a game or game engine have to be programmed in a certain way using shaders to benefit from GPU acceleration. For the most part, RPG Maker does not depend on the GPU and you will not notice any performance difference whatsoever no matter how good or bad your GPU is - because it's simply not used.

Please don't spread misinformation like this unless you know what you're talking about because it confuses people and causes them to spread it, too.
Technically what he says in general is true. It happens that VX Ace need not much GPU involvement really.

Most workload on VX Ace is CPU based, because of  RGSS that does everything.

So your comment is invalid for RPG Maker VX Ace, but it is valid for all other 3D games for let's say Fallout 3.

You got a point @Sailerius!

@Hotfirelegend for your reference, GPU is probably irrelevant.

So I suggest we keep that simple.

Thing is @Sailerius, that it seems that some PC sets have this jitter effect, when others don't, so we assume everything is possibly relevant.

I believe that @Hotfirelegend didn't had any spreading-misinformation intent.

Anyway, your point is correct, we should focus mostly on CPUs and whatever would work as bottleneck of performance.

A GPU is not the issue of course while a Graphics card architecture could be relevant. 

What I officially got as a reply was that AMDs tend not to work well with VX Ace.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
For the most part, RPG Maker does not depend on the GPU and you will not notice any performance difference whatsoever no matter how good or bad your GPU is - because it's simply not used.
Yeah, AFAIK they only speed things up if they're used.

And also GPU != Graphics Card

As far as CPU is concerned, he has an i7 so...

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

About the Deer, I had to cut some piece of video due the *swearing* Youtube copyrights issues...
I was listening to songs by Chuck E Cheese's voice actor (Jaret Reddick from Bowling for Soup) when the meds I was taking for my stomach virus apparently stopped working. I can't take my next dose until morning, but it's no use anyway. I'm officially sick again. Of course, I'll definitely take the next dose either way, but it's useless now.
New profile picture! This time, it's representative of my current project.
I suddenly feel like making a game for little kids: a pointless sandbox of cute animals, silly collectibles, and random mini games.
Anyone else just like, not bother to make games themed around specific holidays? I know I won't get them done in time for it to make sense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nk97