Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello, this problem has only just happened to me and I would appreciate some help. So, anytime I try to playtest or run game.exe in a deployed file, it just shows a white screen with no name. I would appreciate any help anyone could give me.

http://imgur.com/a/tGsdx

As you can see, it's in the task manager and has no name on the window.

All of my drivers are updated.

Also, the white screen doesn't even start when I select Load Game or New Game, I can't even get to the title screen.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gothic Lolita

YouTube Starlet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
All of my drivers are updated.

If you use Windows 8.1 or 10, it can happen, that your drivers get "damaged" or "wrong installed", if you update. 
It happend so to me. I made a clean installation of my drivers and it worked again. For Nvidia, you can put the check on "Do a clean installation".

You can do that, if you use "advanced installation" instead of "express (quick) installation".

You need to set up your 3D configurations again, but it fixed the problem for me at least.
If you have FXAA enabled, try to disable it, maybe it get fixed that way allready. (\ô/)

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
If you use Windows 8.1 or 10, it can happen, that your drivers get "damaged" or "wrong installed", if you update. 
It happend so to me. I made a clean installation of my drivers and it worked again. For Nvidia, you can put the check on "Do a clean installation".

You can do that, if you use "advanced installation" instead of "express (quick) installation".

You need to set up your 3D configurations again, but it fixed the problem for me at least.
If you have FXAA enabled, try to disable it, maybe it get fixed that way allready. (\ô/)

So how exactly do I disable FXAA, and how do I set up my 3d configurations?

Gothic Lolita

YouTube Starlet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Right click on the Nvidia icon on the lower right of your task bar.
Then chose "open system settings", then go to "screen settings with preview" (could be different named, I have it in german language), then "use advanced 3D settings".

After that you need to open up "3D-configuration" one field below and there is "Antialiasing - FXAA" if that is shown as "off" on the right of it, everything is fine.

But after you didn't know, it is probably set in screen settings to "ket 3D-applications decide" and then FXAA is turned off. :|  (\ô/)

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Right click on the Nvidia icon on the lower right of your task bar.
Then chose "open system settings", then go to "screen settings with preview" (could be different named, I have it in german language), then "use advanced 3D settings".

After that you need to open up "3D-configuration" one field below and there is "Antialiasing - FXAA" if that is shown as "off" on the right of it, everything is fine.

But after you didn't know, it is probably set in screen settings to "ket 3D-applications decide" and then FXAA is turned off. :|  (\ô/)

Oh shoot, I don't use nvidia.

What do I do?

Gothic Lolita

YouTube Starlet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What graphicunit brand you're using?
And does it support OpenGL?
I think that's the most important driver for MV.
But that it doesn't even show the name on the window is a bit strange. :|
Does that even happen, if you open a completly new project without any plugins? (\ô/)

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
What graphicunit brand you're using?
And does it support OpenGL?
I think that's the most important driver for MV.
But that it doesn't even show the name on the window is a bit strange. :|
Does that even happen, if you open a completly new project without any plugins? (\ô/)

Right, so when I open a new project with 0 modified files, everything goes great.

http://prntscr.com/b9bnse

Here is a list of all of my plugins.

Gothic Lolita

YouTube Starlet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would guess the GameJolt plugin.
But that is a guess, you can deactiveate one by one and search for which one is causing the white screen.
You don't need to delete them, simply just turn one by one off and see which one is causing it. ;)
But with plugin errors I have no knowledge at all, sorry. :( (\ô/)

Toadtoad

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Maybe there are conflicting plugins? I would do what @Gothik Lolita suggested and turn them off one by one.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Steam page is now live!
1632768058957.png
just discovered thig game called Willowbrooke Post... beautiful artstyle if I do say so myself... does anyone know what this kind of style is called??
In one of my game projects, I am working on an arena where you can fight combatants or bet on monsters, and, man, it is taking so long, lmao. I do not think that it helps that I am using an evented combat system with a lot of things that I have to edit.
Time to take a little break from the project to work on another for Skyrim. Shouldn't take too long, as it's just fulfilling an easy to do request(more than likely I'll get beaten to the punch but...) this also gives me an excuse to play Skyrim again LOL.
Dawg.gifKhat.gif
I made two new friends today. I'm not sure which style I like the best..?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Superboy171