slickdeath97

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I am having a bit of an issue with some of the people that are testing my game, some of them say that they can't run the game because their antivirus software says that it might contain a virus. How would I go at fixing this problem? Thanks for any help.

J-G

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
they would have to make changes in their antivirus to allow it to run.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Tell them to add the game.exe to their white list. That's the easiest way.
Should be able to do that without much difficulty. It's probably the heuristic scan that is causing issues.
But this is a fault of their antivirus software. The worst mine does it scan the file.
Unless you're talking about the compressed file. That usually gets blocked. Windows does that. but if you know it's safe, then for me it's just a matter of clicking on the more info, then click run anyway.
1591310828609.png1591310960106.png

slickdeath97

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Tell them to add the game.exe to their white list. That's the easiest way.
Should be able to do that without much difficulty. It's probably the heuristic scan that is causing issues.
But this is a fault of their antivirus software. The worst mine does it scan the file.
Unless you're talking about the compressed file. That usually gets blocked. Windows does that. but if you know it's safe, then for me it's just a matter of clicking on the more info, then click run anyway.
View attachment 146594View attachment 146597
What do you mean white list? How would they go at doing that?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
each antivirus has a list that is called "whitelist" and that contains programs that should run even if their heuristic search found something. It's a list of "false positives".

and where that list is can differ depending on the antivirus software, they have to look for it themselves because no one knows every different antivirus on the market.

ninja'd

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

made a bio for the protag in my project!
Beggar : "I haven't eat for days..."
Kid : "Just do crime! You will get daily necessity for free in prison~"
Stream is a bit late but will be live shortly with some game development! Feel free to drop by!
omg, why persona 5 is so good?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teendinsaikha