Status
Not open for further replies.

sylphglitch

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
With the Windows 10 Store you can create full blown apps using HTML5 and JavaScript via the Universal Windows App project.

After stumbling through another thread about this I tried it myself.

If you import you HTML5 export from RMMV into VS it runs perfectly minus all the things that MS Edge doesn't support.

Are we legally allowed to create games in RMMV and export them to Visual Studio to be sold via the Windows Store?

I ask b/c I doesn't see anything prohibiting it in either Article 5 or 6 of the EULA or the Game Distribution Agreement Supplemental.

I also ask b/c if the Windows Store is legal from what I know of the Chrome Web Store, it should be legal there too.

Thanks in advance.

ZServ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
You should be fine. You have legal access to the resources. The only sketchy part is where you're recompiling the engine, but you aren't doing it with any ill will, so I doubt anyone would actually care.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Why do you need to import it into VS? Doesn't the new MS browser support HTML5?

Jomarcenter

jomarcenter-MJM
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ENGLISH
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think because the requirements for submitting to windows store is a bit strict. If you planning to release on Windows phones or on Windows 8/10 via their own store in a HTML5 maybe you have to use a specific wrapper to have features like live updates and such which can be utilized via VS.

Last edited by a moderator:

sylphglitch

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks for the quick reply Shaz.

Basically what Jomar said above is what I'm getting at.

I have to import the HTML5 files into VS so I can wrap them into a project file that VS proceeds to compile/convert into a package format the Windows Store will accept.

Here's a link that details the process...

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/xaml/mt627715.aspx

From a technical standpoint it's no different then converting one's RMMV final output to an Android project except now you're using MS based tech and targeting the Windows Store.

Any clarification about this is appreciated.

Like I said in an earlier thread, the potential for RMMV is staggering if we are legally allowed to pursue certain avenues.

PS - If the process above for the Windows Store is legal, I believe it would be also for the Chrome Web Store as its almost the same process except using Google tech.

VentGrey

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Now that is what i call reviving a post, but what about the Web audio API issues? i've tried to fix it like 400 times (my trash bin is full of failed copies) the only way i can look around this problem is Changing the audio but now...When you do a universal HTML5 app it doesnt contain a www folder or any related content so converting will be way too harder than intel XDK.

sylphglitch

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I had the same issue Vent with Web Audio.

I think you'll have to convert the sound files to WAV if you're still trying to do a Universal Windows App.

I went over the EULA again I can't find anything in it the outright says I can't export to Windows Store.

In fact the process of publishing a RMMV game is less involved then exporting to either iOS or Android.

Is there anyone here I could PM to for further advice?

Thanks

VentGrey

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Maybe look up in the .js main files and change supported format, at this point im running out of ideas.

VentGrey

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Found the supported formats but still got an error in return, i cant change or add formats, and if i skip the web audio 

API error game just pops up another error type, maybe we'll have to wait till MS updates Web Audio API in IE mobile.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
VentGrey, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

Master100000

Graphic Design/Complex Eventer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
[necro]Master100000[/necro]

The last post was over a year ago! You already have a thread with this query, so there is no need to hi-jack an old thread dealing with a different issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Lately when I listen to 1970s songs, I always think that the "real world" is still at mid 70s. What we experience now is a futuristic dream. With this point of view, even 80s and 90s looks super futuristic. :D

The GIF of this seemed too cool to bury in replies. :LZSwink:
You may have slept with my aunt... but, given the circumstances, cheers.

- Professor Ian Duncan, 2013
Ami
--- Swimming ---

F.Knight: This Shrine always Flood. We don't have a choice,we have to Swimming in this place
F.Healer: That Insane!
F.Mage: We can use…Boat,rather than Swimming
F.Knight: You guys…Can't Swim?
F.Healer & F.Mage: (Shocked) Eehh??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RikuTales