Windows Tablet PC

Bareacine

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hi everyone, I'm looking at find something to be able to use VX ace and MV on a Windows Tablet PC, I want something that is portable so I was thinking this would work. I want it so I could be able to work on my games since it should be able to get steam I believe. I was wondering if it would function properly with the attached keyboard and let's say a mouse that get's plugged in. I want it for the convience to be a PC style when I want to work on a game and a tablet for mobility for at work. Please answer if anyone knows if RPG Maker VX Ace or MV will work on a Windows Tablet PC Thanks!

Zalerinian

Jack of all Errors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
RPG Maker should work fine, it won't decide to top working just because you're on a tablet. If you're running Windows, it should work fine for you.

Bareacine

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
ok good, I was wondering because i know it's touch screen when seperated, but when docked I was wondering if i needed to get a mouse or something, just to make sure it'll work.

Bareacine

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
I just didn't want to spend that much money only to find out it won't work :)

Quxios

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just add in that you want to make sure it's not Windows 8.X RT because RT has to use the microsoft start apps and has no desktop. Back when I was buying a tablet last year there was a bunch of RT versions around specially in the cheaper area, idk if they are as much around now since windows 10 is out, but wanted to let you know just incase you were going for a windows 8.

taarna23

Marshmallow Princess
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
The only think I'd be concerned about is resolution for the Makers, and it looks like that tablet should do fine. I've done mapping on a touch screen before and the only real issue I run into is the scrollbar on the right is too small to grab and scroll when it's right up against the edge of my tablet case. If all else fails, plug in a mouse and you should be good to go!

Bareacine

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
So the operating system should be fine to run VX Ace and MV because i read on steam that's where i have it purchased that VX Ace runs on vista/XP/and 7 but this OS is 8.1

tearsofthenight

Evil Sorcerer/Mystic Key Stealer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Tablets are generally not good for multi tasking, but as you are only using RPG Maker it should be fine.

Bareacine

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
I figured the only real multi-tasking that might be happening is making like 1 tab of an internet browser and RPG maker or RPG Maker and GCH since I use it for graphics.

taarna23

Marshmallow Princess
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
So the operating system should be fine to run VX Ace and MV because i read on steam that's where i have it purchased that VX Ace runs on vista/XP/and 7 but this OS is 8.1
I find the bigger concern over whether or not it will run on a given OS is making sure the device has the correct resolution for the RPG Maker in question. MV is hard to use if the screen size is too small, and VX Ace will just outright refuse to run.

Also, if using MV, you may need Galenmereth's Fluid Timestep plugin for the game/playtest to run correctly. My tablet had it going half speed until I added the plugin.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Updated my state Stacker Script on itch.io, github is down for some reason (probs just me).
Wife watching Locke and Key. This show is so bad!! You can't just acclimate to discovering magic or magical worlds in less than 60 seconds.
I think I still prefer RPG Maker over Dreams. Been playing around with it, and the controls are really the biggest flaw for me.
Watching Dragon Quest: Your Story on Netflix and already like 5 mins in we've passed over like 3 hours of gameplay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArtsyWeasel