Windows with Backgrounds

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by Rink27, Jul 19, 2016.

1. Rink27

Rink27 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello, I'm interested in having a background image to certain windows. While navigating these menus/windows, I do not want to see the (tile)map and character behind (Like how you see those stuff with the default menu windows).

I have attempted to display a picture (to use as the background) over the entire screen, but commands such as "Item Select" disables this picture and shows the map & character. I am thinking of transporting the player to a new map with the background image set as the parallax background, but I'm not sure if this is an efficient method.

I would also prefer to be able to change the background image accordingly and I'm not sure how to change the parallax background image of a map to something else (So alternate between different parallax background on the same map). Any advice would be welcomed.

2. Blithe

Blithe The One Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    If you're not opposed to using Plugins to achieve this affect then you could try using the Himeworks plugin found here:

http://himeworks.com/2016/04/window-background-designer/

I've only briefly played around with it but it will allow you to set images as backgrounds to your windows. You can assign different images to each component that makes up your windows if you want to go to that detail. There may be simpler plugins out there that can do the same thing but this one pretty much does what you're asking for, I believe. I have not tried to assign one big image to cover the entire background of the main menu window so I'm not sure if this plugin will do that for you but I'm sure the plugin creator can answer that question if you leave a comment :)