ShinyRedUmbreon

Wannabe-Animator + Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Using Hime's Windowskin Changer script(found here), I was able to include windowskins to put around everywhere. However, trying to import other windowskins other than the default one seems to completely break the windowskins via the color. This is the default windowskin(first image), and it gives black and white colors, and works perfectly fine in the game(second image).
The second windowskin(third image) is a completely different story. When importing into the game, it gives me this(fourth image). That bright orange color is not what I want, compared to the darker brown color I put in the second windowskin. How is this happening, and how can I fix it?
Works Just Fine.PNGWorks Just Unfine.PNG

Window.pngChocolate.png

gstv87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
did you save the image as 8-bit palette?
that could screw up the color.

ShinyRedUmbreon

Wannabe-Animator + Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
My art program(Paint.NET) gives me things about bit depth but not anything about saving a project with an 8-bit palette. I could probably be completely wrong, but I assume bit depth is somewhat related to the bit palette. I saved it as a 32-bit palette, and that didn't do anything, so I don't think that's the problem.

I did actually figure something out when trying to figure out what happened. The bright orange(ish) color that I didn't want has the RGB values (255, 138, 68). The chocolate color that I do want has the RGB values (132, 69, 34). If you double the brown's RGB values, you get (264, 138, 68). Since RGB values max out at 255, changing the 264 to 255 matches up perfectly with the bright orange's colors. This leads me to believe it's showing the color twice, and that's causing the color to look orange. But I'm not sure what's causing this. Windowskin 1(the black and white one) is the default windowskin, so I made the Window Color completely black. But completely black wouldn't affect the brown's RGB values to double. So I'm still not sure where the second brown appears in the windowskin.

That means I could probably cut the RGB values in half to achieve the color I want(since obviously doubling a half makes a whole), but I want to know the issue for future RPG Maker games/in case I change any of the windowskins later on. That, and the fact that I wouldn't be able to halve odd numbers. Sure, it'd end with me rounding it to a pixel higher or lower which wouldn't make too much of a different in the color, but still. Being exact wouldn't hurt.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
32-bit-color doesn't use a palette anymore, it is only the 8-bit-pictures that work with a palette.

However there is a system setting in the game that allows you to set a color for menues, and the engine basically mixes the final color from both the windowskin and that system setting for menues.
have you checked that and changed the color and opacity there?

ShinyRedUmbreon

Wannabe-Animator + Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Okay, so I realized my mistake. I put color for both the top left square(if we think of the 128x128 windowskin as 4 64x64 squares) and the bottom left square. That causes the color of the textbox to be displayed twice, and gives off those weird colors that I wasn't expecting. The issue's fixed now, but I appreciate you guys helping nonetheless. Thanks!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

doodled a poring today :kaoluv:
uc
Fire-Emblem Style Level Up System, Boost on Class Change, And Animated Arrows | RPG Maker News #115

Why keyboards don't sleep? Because they have two shifts.
I realized a while ago my game was toooo big in scope. even now I wonder am I trying to do too much by myself. and that's after completely changing the format of the game.
Last week at SLC. Cali awaits. TBH I love SLC more than SF.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joeko