RMMV Wintervale Keep: A Vagabond's Tale of Treasure and Treachery. (Thread Closing)

MDZ

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello Everyone,

This thread will be removed due to the nature of my project. Thank you for all your support & Feedback.

I will press onward as usual with hopes to release sometime this year. For those of you who know
where to reach me, c ya there!

Keep making games everyone!

Thank you again!

Regards,

~MDZ
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greetings everyone,

I am happy to share with you the project that I have been working on for quite a few years now.

Enjoy! ~Feedback welcome~

Regards,
~MDZ
(Projected release date: TBD: Dec2019 ~ 1st Qtr 2020)

Wintervale Keep is a top down JRPG at it's core. The story starts with a young woman setting out to get a lay of the land. After some time she stumbles onto what seems to be forgotten ruins lost in a frozen waste land. Something is calling her to this place...
As you enter, the old iron gate slams shut behind you and is sealed tight with no way to exit.

The story begins!

With an Alice in Wonderland twist, you find yourself meeting new people and even creatures all across this strange new world. Still one thing can't escape your mind.
"How to get home"

As you traverse through this foreign land, You form a rag tag group in your new found quest to unravel the enigma that surrounds Wintervale Keep.

There must be answers there... I know it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Features:
10x attainable / Unlockable playable characters via means of story progression, questing, rescue and just random meetings.

10x Job classes you can acquire and change to.
"You will need to level them up to learn new skills and abilities."
"Some of which may be used across multiple classes"

Weapon proficiency to hone in on increased damage, cost and other stat alterations
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Enemies:
There are over 60 enemies across this vast world (with more in development)
To name a few: Warriors, thieves, mages, animal hybrids like nekos and lamias.
Even Mimics!
World map:
Though there seems to be no end to the ruins. They seem to span across the entire land. From Forests, Fields, Swamps, Plains, Mountains, Deserts and Frigid Wastelands
all stemming from Wintervale Keep.

Through out the land there are numerous chasms, caves, hideouts and other hidden passage ways that could lead you to who knows where.
MENU SYSTEM:

BATTLE SYSTEM (In test room. WIP)

Last edited:

MasterofRevels

Music Composer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey this looks very cool! I really like the art for the main menu.

One piece of constructive criticism about the music: the composition itself seems very well done but the audio is consistently cracking up. I'm not sure if that's a problem with the original file itself or just with the video you posted but I would look into cleaning up the quality as it's distracting from what would otherwise be a nice piece to listen to. If you need any tips for how to do that, I would be happy to give you some advice!

MDZ

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It was just a poor recording is all. I plan to clean it up soon and replace the posted video.
my 9~5 takes up most of my time and this is something I do in the evening or any free time. I plan to have this reworked here this weekend.

Thanks for the feedback!
~MDZ

MasterofRevels

Music Composer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It was just a poor recording is all. I plan to clean it up soon and replace the posted video.
my 9~5 takes up most of my time and this is something I do in the evening or any free time. I plan to have this reworked here this weekend.

Thanks for the feedback!
~MDZ
Ok that makes sense. I look forward to hearing the reworked version!

MDZ

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There you go. all new videos.
Enjoy^^

Motochi

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Except of some customized portraits, the game seem pretty general

MDZ

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Except of some customized portraits, the game seem pretty general
Not a lot is shown in the game and the room shown is just a quick test room.
There are many things that are not shown here. Skills, animations, custom tiles, etc... Though I do appreciate the feedback, perhaps provide a bit more sustenance as to what is "Pretty general" as that is helpful to no one.

Regards,
~MDZ

rue669

RueToYou
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This looks cool! I can see you put in some effort into making it look like not another rpg maker game.

Two comments:
1) I’d change the font. It’s a little difficult to read. I would always go with something simple.

2) Speed up the wait times on the battle system if you can!

QuikInk

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I like the art style and menus!

MDZ

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello everyone,
Still hard at work on this.
For the font, though I do understand it can be a touch hard to read for some. I enjoy the text and how it looks and it is used throughout the entire game so at this point for personal interests and the fact that I would need to photoshop countless images, it will remain.

As for the battle speed. It does pick up quite quickly. The slower speed lasts for about 10 battles or so. “Depends on how you choose your path” but regardless, it pick up quite quickly. Upon gaining your 1st party member and the rate at which enemies attack and when multiple enemies, there is almost no waiting. Just a tad at the start of the game.

Touching back to the font. I don’t fully disagree as you are not the 1st person to have mentioned this. But I do plan on keeping it as is.

For those of you who visit my discord, there are some new screens up.

Thank you again for the feedback and support!

Regards,
~MDZ

Boonty

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I started playing this gem.

Very impressed by the concept and the battle HUD in particular.

Just a little flaw : a lack of tutos. And I am the first one to complain about tuto :biggrin:

MDZ

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Boonty

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There is a lot of information to take account in your battle system. And that it is a very good point.

The positioning, the elements, the skills effect... When I started to play, I felt a little overhelmed by all these mechanics that we have to master.

Gradually introduce those concepts could have prevented that feeling. But, again, I am impressed by your game and this remark is maybe just because I am not a native english speaker and I am quickly lost in the deepness of the game :)

MDZ

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ahhh, I understand.

There are minor tutorials in at the start of the game that tell you about equipping armor, using skills and using items.
(a few pop up photos that show examples upon attaining the first weapon you come across.)

These I did not feel the need to show in the videos. (The videos are dated by the way.)

I will post some new ones in the coming weeks. Maybe a trailer who knows???

Again, Thank you for the feedback.
~MDZ

MDZ

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello everyone,
Hard at work... Here is a piece I have been working on for a few days now.

(Still incomplete. I will finish it by the weekend. Sword not done and various other minor details.)
Rez scaled down to upload here.

Enjoy!

~MDZ
Revised img below

Last edited:

alice_gristle

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does this game have erotic elements? These pics make me blush...

RCXDan

Champion of Brightmoon Tor
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Yeah that's... kind of the big question for me too, cause these girls are way more fanservice-y than I expected.

I'm not against that, mind you (I'd be a massive hypocrite if I were), but it'd be nice to know what's up.

Neat looking game by the way. Battle system looking very nice, especially with the screen shaking when you get hit. Sells the impact, you know?

Last edited:

MDZ

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just finished the art on this one. Enjoy!
@RCXDan & alice_gristle: I will leave the response to that question alone. Assume what you will. Just keep in mind these forums do not allow that sort of thing as many age groups visit. Posting such would most likely result in removal of the post.

There are other avenues to view more of the content I am creating. You need only look around.

Again, Enjoy^^

~MDZ
Release date: TBD: DEC 2019 / 1st QTR 2020
WVK 1.png

MDZ

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
New video up if you can find it. (Teaser trailer)

for now, enjoy these screen shots!

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Kid : "MOOOMM! My poop is bloody red!" Me, an intellectual : "There's worm parasite inside your body. You gonna die soon."
Caught a guy trying to break into our house today. Appearantly he intended to burgle our neighbor (a 94yo widow) but picked the wrong house. Faced with two angry males he was quick to give up without a fight...
I just joined the club of nerds making their own Excel-Sheets to calculate HP / MP / EXP.. parameter curves
Me: "Finally finished most of my game backlog. Probably time to do some gamedev" | Steam: *offer sales*
If I recorded while I created (what I think is) a small plugin, would you be interested enough in the process to watch it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aittam