RMMV Wintervale Keep: A Vagabond's Tale of Treasure and Treachery. (Thread Closing)

CrowStorm

Storm crow descending, Winter unending.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Graphically, this is the bomb diggity. Very impressive. I see you are having the sameissue I'm having with my game in terms of phantom lights (the lower right circle of illumination in the final screenshot has no visible reason for there to be a light source there, unlike the hero and the torch) with the Orange lighting script (or maybe you're using Terax, I use Orange). Let me know if you find a solution lol because I get the same thing, my enemies are floating ghosty-heads that give off colored light and they're supposed to be extinguished when the player defeats them, but the plugin command (or script call, w/e) to turn off their lights only works sometimes.

Anyway, that's enough about the visuals.

Either English is your second language or you just really give 0 ****s about the impression left by your textual description (I strongly suspect it's the former, because other elements of the game show a lot of care and hard work) because all of the text in your OP is all messed up. Especially as you have this slated for commercial release, I strongly recommend you hire a translator and/or a proofreader. (I work cheap.)

Um, so tbc I like anime, and babes, and big tiddys, and anime babes with big tiddys as much as the next person, and I hate to sound like the feminist fun police cracking down. I also don't think your game (or any game) needs to be realistic. There's nothing inherently good about realism. With all that said, I think it's nice sometimes if your game's genre or tone is serious (as yours appears to be) to kind of nod in the direction of realism. SO:

Just finished the art on this one. Enjoy!View attachment 128125
Imagine the armor-smith that sculpted and forged those metal...armor...bras...(I don't even know what to call them). This was a person, whose job it is to make armor, that labored scrupulously to ensure that his armor left its wearers with deep, plunging cleavage to the point where he shaped their armor with Victoria's Secret style push-up balconette bras...that leaves exposed the whole region of the body where you are most likely to get stabbed and where it's worst for you to get stabbed. I feel like the armor smith's priorities were a bit odd. The armor makes their tits look great, but it provides no protection for the heart, lungs, or aorta (I like their chokers, because they're fashionable and protect the jugular).

Also something more important that I overlooked while I was thinking about big ol' anime boobs and the armorsmiths that love them...this image is WAY too cheerful and bright to belong to a game with screenshots that look like this:

It's a jarring contrast.

Last edited:

MDZ

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Graphically, this is the bomb diggity. Very impressive. I see you are having the sameissue I'm having with my game in terms of phantom lights (the lower right circle of illumination in the final screenshot has no visible reason for there to be a light source there, unlike the hero and the torch) with the Orange lighting script (or maybe you're using Terax, I use Orange). Let me know if you find a solution lol because I get the same thing, my enemies are floating ghosty-heads that give off colored light and they're supposed to be extinguished when the player defeats them, but the plugin command (or script call, w/e) to turn off their lights only works sometimes.

Anyway, that's enough about the visuals.

Either English is your second language or you just really give 0 fudges about the impression left by your textual description (I strongly suspect it's the former, because other elements of the game show a lot of care and hard work) because all of the text in your OP is all messed up. Especially as you have this slated for commercial release, I strongly recommend you hire a translator and/or a proofreader. (I work cheap.)

Um, so tbc I like anime, and babes, and big tiddys, and anime babes with big tiddys as much as the next person, and I hate to sound like the feminist fun police cracking down. I also don't think your game (or any game) needs to be realistic. There's nothing inherently good about realism. With all that said, I think it's nice sometimes if your game's genre or tone is serious (as yours appears to be) to kind of nod in the direction of realism. SO:

Imagine the armor-smith that sculpted and forged those metal...armor...bras...(I don't even know what to call them). This was a person, whose job it is to make armor, that labored scrupulously to ensure that his armor left its wearers with deep, plunging cleavage to the point where he shaped their armor with Victoria's Secret style push-up balconette bras...that leaves exposed the whole region of the body where you are most likely to get stabbed and where it's worst for you to get stabbed. I feel like the armor smith's priorities were a bit odd. The armor makes their tits look great, but it provides no protection for the heart, lungs, or aorta (I like their chokers, because they're fashionable and protect the jugular).

Also something more important that I overlooked while I was thinking about big ol' anime boobs and the armorsmiths that love them...this image is WAY too cheerful and bright to belong to a game with screenshots that look like this:

It's a jarring contrast.
Thank you for the feedback. It is most welcomed.
If you post the image you spoke about (the ghost lighting) so I can see what your talking about maybe I can help. There isn't anything I have seen that looks off with the lighting. You may be seeing another light coming from a torch down a hallway further in the map.

Again, Let me know and I will look into it and maybe fix both our problems.

As for your comment:
"Either English is your second language or you just really give 0 fudges about the impression left by your textual description (I strongly suspect it's the former, because other elements of the game show a lot of care and hard work) because all of the text in your OP is all messed up. Especially as you have this slated for commercial release, I strongly recommend you hire a translator and/or a proofreader. (I work cheap.)"

English is my 1st language. You shouldn't assume of people, It is off putting. "Not to sure what you read that gave you this impression but every thing in my project "though always room for improvement" Is written correctly. Nothing reads awkward or funny and I believe I have caught roughly 95% of the typos through 1000s of test plays. Without an example of what you are eluding to I cant identify. "Not sure what OP is short for" Also, Please PM me if you want to offer services. My thread is not the place for this. I believe you can post offers for services in or at least at a minimum, people there are looking for help. "Keep thing positive"

Lastly, March is being optimistic... I will most likely be July.
Gotta set goals though!

Thanks again for taking the time!
Regards,
~MDZ

Sword_of_Dusk

Keyblade Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
OP is, in this case, short for opening post. And going over it, there's quite a few punctuation mistakes and odd capitalization going on. For example:

Wintervale Keep is a Top down JRPG at it's core. The story starts with a young woman setting out to get a lay of the land. After some time She stumbles onto what seems to be forgotten ruins lost in a frozen waste land. Something Calls to her to enter...
As you enter the old iron gate, It slams shut behind you and is sealed tight with no way to exit.

There's several minor issues here, like using it's instead of its, or the word Calls being capitalized mistakenly.

Your menu video also has reckless misspelled as wreckless.

MDZ

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
oh, derp.

I didn't check there. Most of my posts if any are in the weee hours of the morning.
I'll go back here in the next few days or week to clean it up. "I thought they were talking about in the game."

Note to self, Check posts.

I have read everything in game now and caught just about all the typos but never once checked my opening post for errors. XD

After reading it...
"I was scouring my game this weekend looking for odd text and was coming up blank"

Was trying to wrap my head around it.

Thanks again for clearing that up for me.^^
"Good catch on the wreckless too. That one I missed." I will fix tonight.

~MDZ

Last edited:

Sword_of_Dusk

Keyblade Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No problem. Forum speak can be hard to parse if you don't see it often.

CrowStorm

Storm crow descending, Winter unending.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
OP stands for "original poster" or "original post" depending upon context.

English is my 1st first language. You shouldn't assume of things about people, It it is off-putting. "Not to too sure what you read that gave you this impression but every thing everything in my project-- "though there is always room for improvement"-- Is is written correctly. Nothing {in my OP} reads awkwardly or funny and I believe I have caught roughly 95% of the typos through 1000s of test plays. Without an example of what you are eluding alluding to I cant can't identify {sentence left unfinished}.
You want an example of what I was alluding to?

There were literally 12 English and grammar errors in that snippet of your paragraph about how you totally have no problem with handling the English language. And btw that is not counting the numbers I replaced with words.

Here's what the above paragraph would look like written both correctly and well:

Actually, English is my first language. You shouldn't be so quick to make assumptions about people, it's off-putting. I am not too sure what you read that gave you the impression of poor English, but everything in my project--while there is always room for improvement--is written correctly. Nothing in my initial post reads awkwardly and as for the game itself I believe I have caught roughly 95% of the typos there through thousands of test plays. Without an example, I can't identify the mistakes that you're referring to.
ANYWAY...

English is my 1st language. You shouldn't assume of people, It is off putting.
With all due respect, given the above...I kind of...don't...believe...you. You are making the kind of mistakes that native English speakers just don't make. Click for examples/explanation:

For instance you mean:

"You shouldn't assume things about people, it is off-putting."

The most striking thing here is the grammatical construct "assume of people". I have never heard a native English speaker make that kind of grammatical error. Also, everyone learned in elementary school to capitalize only proper nouns and the first words of sentences: a phrase is not a sentence, and the first letter following a comma does not get capitalized.

"You shouldn't assume things about people, it is off-puting." <- RIGHT
"You shouldn't assume things about people. It is off-putting." <- ALSO RIGHT.
"You shouldn't assume things about people, It is off-putting." <- WRONG

I could go on but I won't belabor the point.

Now if you suffer from dyslexia or a similar cognitive disability (THIS IS NOT MEANT AS A SLEIGHT EITHER TO THE OP OR TO THOSE WHO DO SUFFER FROM SUCH DISABILITIES) then I apologize for criticizing something you can't help. If you really are a native English speaker and in that respect neurotypical with full cognitive and language abilities, I would strongly recommend remedial, elementary writing classes to improve your day to day life if nothing else.

BUT:

I mainly came to this thread to say you're right and I apologize for my comment, it was presumptuous, tactless and rude. And I withdraw my offer of any services, I think I might actually have enough on my plate right now but more importantly, I did not mean to offend you or to derail your thread in any way, shape, or form. Good luck with your project.

For bonus points:

Allude - (verb), to make reference to, to refer to, from the noun "allusion", related to the noun "allegory".
Elude - (verb), to evade, avoid, or escape capture, adj. form: elusive.

MDZ

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, I was bored here today and after reading your attempt to make things right you further push in the wrong direction. "I'm not looking for your validation."

Decided to run your opening post for your project through https://www.grammarly.com/ for giggles.
It came back with 42 issues. These are including but not limited to: misused comas, improper sentence structure, spelling, etc...

I almost never check spelling / grammar on my forum posts. This is just one place I post some subtle updates from time to time. "That's not saying I shouldn't pay more attention to what I'm typing here as to the norm, firing right off the cuff." Again, always room for improvement.

I will not post in your thread in an attempt to cast a shadow on what you have going on. As for this thread, Thank you for taking it in a completely different direction. The last 7 posts are all pertaining to Grammar and how "I no read guud and I spells bad"

I did ask for you to post a picture of this phantom light issue so I could look at it and perhaps fix for you.
Completely disregarded that part...

All of that said, Let's decide to end it here. "No need to escalate things any further."

As far as turning the lights on and off. That is a simple fix and I am still willing to help you with this.
You need only to PM me.

Regards,
~MDZ

Last edited:

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Let's just cool off the whole grammar thing here. The point about proofreading/editing games is definitely a good point, but there is no reason for it to devolve any further than that.

I've not played the game though, but maybe you should run it by someone else with a really good understanding of English. Some grammar errors are fine in things like dialogue as long as it fits the character (A relaxed dude might say things like "Me and Eric went to the store" even though that is not correct), but generally incorrect grammar should be intentional.

There is of course, no reason to expect perfect grammar in everyone's forum posts though. I know I type how I speak, and I don't have perfect grammar in my speech.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Social distancing extended for another week. Personally I'm cool, but this is depressing.
GOOOOD MOOORNING!
APRIL WILL BE BETTER!
First time I've seen the shelves full in my local shop in a while. Still no soap, though.
RachelTheSeeker wrote on StormyRange's profile.
Hey! Haven't I seen you before? :p Good to see you on a RPG Maker site; am pleasantly surprised. :)
When you really think about it, the Trolley Problem is pretty dumb.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khanmovies