TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
N/A
Originally, dubbed as "Theolized Sideview Battle System" in VXA, now I attempt to bring this to MZ.
Yes, I'm porting my VXA battle system to MZ. Mostly for fun.

What is this?
TBSE is a stand-alone sprite sheet-based animation sequence plugin aiming for a free-frame pick sprite sheet animation sequencer. You can even use your own sprites format if you don't agree with the default RPG Maker SV sheet.

DISCLAIMER:
This plugin project is still in a very early stage. The codebase and the WIKI may change a lot during the course of the development so if you want to experiment, use it at your own risk.

Due to that reason, there is no demo or solid video preview yet. However, there is a wiki preview that will be updated (later when I'm not too lazy) Here is the list of the preview of the plugin in wiki format.
More to come later. Follow my Twitter Thread for a progress report.
I might also use this thread for a significant progress report.

Codebase:
Here is the link

Now, let me hear your thought :)

Question & Answer:
Q:
When this will be complete?
A: No ETA yet.

Q: Will you add dragonbone support?
A: No, I don't have a plan for that. I can't even make my own Dragonbone animation.

Last edited:

Jaymonius

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Ooooooh! An MZ variant of your amazing battle system! :D

This will be an amazing undertaking! Best of luck in all of this! ^^

Holder

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Great to see this here :D
Looking at the pose listing, 5. Post Action I'd personally use this for a running animation for returning to position. Now could this also double as a retreat animation so if the user escapes from a battle all party member would use this animation and run off screen?
Also noticed like the default battle system there's no real advance to target animation motion. Could this be something you'd consider to include?

TheoAllen

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
N/A
Now could this also double as a retreat animation so if the user escapes from a battle all party member would use this animation and run off screen?
Yes.

Also noticed like the default battle system there's no real advance to target animation motion. Could this be something you'd consider to include?
Advance or move to the target is something you have to manually set them up.
It is included in skill or item action. Because sometimes you just want to stay and do a ranged attack rather than advance to them.

Holder

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ah I understand now cheers. So even a single standard attack requires a sequence?
And setting it up to go right up to the enemy is something that can also be done?

Holder

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Just usually the actors would move slightly forward, then attack. Without actually being right up close to the enemy.
So a normal attack could be set up as (Running animation sequence) towards the enemy, then (attack sequence) hit the enemy and finally (Retreat animation sequence) return to position.

I've never really dealt with action sequences or anything past RMXP so this is all new to me as to how they work.

TheoAllen

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
N/A
I've never really dealt with action sequences or anything past RMXP
Well, that explains your situation.

Generation past RMXP (even in RMVX) could even make your battler doing a somersault and does more fancy moves. If that answers your question :D if they could do that, so does running and going back to its original position.

TheoAllen

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
N/A
Bump!
It's been a while. I got this plugin development back after MZ 1.4+ gave me the reason to :D
A lot of progress had been made in less than a month. Below is the progress. Mostly just a proof of concept rather than the actual usage.

Custom collapse effect (customize how the enemy dying animation)
Of course, the animated enemy is possible too.

Customize victory pose,
Also, a sequence when you failed to escape.

Animation overlay when under a certain state. Works for both Effekseer and MV animations.

Easing and pinning the animation in place (by default, the animation will always follow the battler sprite)

Afterimage/Residual sprites and the ability to play animation on the back!

Rotation and scaling

And recently, projectiles!

Synchromystic

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The "escape fail" made me LOL for real... And I can see the image scale function being used a couple different creative ways: shrink an enemy into nothing -- effectively killing them by making them disappear -- or have a player do something like a Hulk transformation where he get really pissed and goes into berserk mode. Definitely eager to see a finished version!

pennylessz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I desperately need a plugin that will let me animate front battle sprites, and hopefully not create issues with the basic Visustella cores. Is it possible I could donate to this project to get these implemented? I have a sprite sheet of 4 idle frames and 8 attack frames.

TheoAllen

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
N/A
I desperately need a plugin that will let me animate front battle sprites, and hopefully not create issues with the basic Visustella cores. Is it possible I could donate to this project to get these implemented? I have a sprite sheet of 4 idle frames and 8 attack frames.
Before we talk about animated front battle sprites (I assume that you mean, technically, the actors are invisible while only the enemies are visible, which I haven't tested this particular case since it was meant for rear/side-view action sequence, both sprites are visible), the only thing that would be incompatible with VS core is probably the battle core.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

1660090657213.png
Mistakes will be made.
After three years, it was awesome to be back at Gen Con!
Words of Wisdom: You can be honest and alone. Or dishonest and together.
Working on mapping using RPGTools to create parallax maps using PVgames tiles/assets. It's super cool... but mapping is still something I drag my feet on getting done. I hate this but love the math parts of design, which is the opposite of a lot of dev's around, I think. It really do be different strokes for different folks.
Spend $5,000 on a new gaming PC. Didn't expect it to be like 1 foot wide, 2 feet tall, and weigh like 100+ pounds. The heck did I get myself into?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeuzyGamer