Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Title.png
itchio3.png

SYNOPSIS

Wireland is a 2D pixel art RPG for Windows about a catboy called Byubyu whose girlfriend Wire's physical body was kidnapped one night while he's asleep (and she's kidnapped by an alternate version of herself!?).

You play as Byubyu with your girlfriend (as a ghost) in tow as you traverse the world of Wireland and literally battle alternate versions of your girlfriend, to find the one who kidnapped your girlfriend's body.
Travel through two different towns and 10 different bosses, collecting an arsenal of different consumables and equips.

Wireland is about 1-2 hours long and has 2 endings. All art, programming (except plugins), and music (except 1 song) was done by me. I tried to make it as custom as possible.

This was a game made for my boyfriend's birthday so it contains a lot of inside jokes, but can be enjoyed by anyone.

IMAGES/SCREENSHOTS

sc12.png
sc13.png
sc16.png
sc15.png
sc14.png

DOWNLOAD LINK

Last edited:

SmashArtist

Lazy Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You have a very cute art style! Will definitely be playing this later on, so be prepared to get some feedback! :kaopride:

RachelTheSeeker

Suddenly, a summer breeze...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Holy cow, this is cute and I love the assets. If it's only two hours and has two endings, this is going on my play list. No idea if you're on RPG Maker Network, but I'd totally review Wireland if it's there, too.

rambamboo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Holy cow, this is cute and I love the assets. If it's only two hours and has two endings, this is going on my play list. No idea if you're on RPG Maker Network, but I'd totally review Wireland if it's there, too.
I'm on rpgmaker.net if that's what you mean! I just made my account today and Wireland is still pending to be approved ^^ thank you for the kind words!

Papa-Beercheese

Diggy diggy my trench, trench.
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Really intrigued by the synopsis, can't wait to give it a try!

SmashArtist

Lazy Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I finished my playthrough!
Here's my feedback:

PROS:
  • Beautiful artwork, very cute, nice character designs
  • Interesting characters
  • Simple, but compelling story
  • Fitting music
CONS:
  • mapping is pretty empty, could use some improvements
  • Sometimes battles were hard, but thankfully grinding was easy due to the presence of Shop Wire, battle difficulty depends a lot on chance (whether or not the enemy was going to use a state inflicter move, the status ailments were definitely the biggest threat in a battle)
BUGS:
  • In Pepotown Clinic and Pharmacy, you can get as many sodas as you want even if you have no gold
  • "Furry Strikes" and "Life Steal" skills can be used when not in battle
  • Out of bound areas you can walk on (shown in these screenshots in the spoiler)
    1592770478003.png1592770488366.png
Extra Optional Stuff:
  • It'd be nice if busts disappear when the text box does
  • In Pepotown Inn, the collisions are pretty weird feeling, some places feel like you should be able to walk through, but you can't
  • Try not to have transfer events transfer you onto other transfer events, this makes it weird when you move to the side and then get teleported to another map when you didn't want to, and also you have to move off the event and back on if you do want to teleport back
  • When interacting with the Pepotown inn owner, I clicked the "cancel" button hoping to exit the conversation, but unfortunately this led me to pay for an inn stay even if I didn't want to
  • Possibly add a warning about language, because it's a cute game some people might not expect the occasional swearing.
Overall, I really enjoyed playing this game! I kind of wish it was longer, but that's mostly because I wanted to encounter new Wires and towns. It's a cute game with a simple, but motivating story where you encounter lots of interesting characters along the way! Great job! :kaojoy:

rambamboo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I finished my playthrough!
Here's my feedback:

PROS:
  • Beautiful artwork, very cute, nice character designs
  • Interesting characters
  • Simple, but compelling story
  • Fitting music
CONS:
  • mapping is pretty empty, could use some improvements
  • Sometimes battles were hard, but thankfully grinding was easy due to the presence of Shop Wire, battle difficulty depends a lot on chance (whether or not the enemy was going to use a state inflicter move, the status ailments were definitely the biggest threat in a battle)
BUGS:
  • In Pepotown Clinic and Pharmacy, you can get as many sodas as you want even if you have no gold
  • "Furry Strikes" and "Life Steal" skills can be used when not in battle
  • Out of bound areas you can walk on (shown in these screenshots in the spoiler)
Extra Optional Stuff:
  • It'd be nice if busts disappear when the text box does
  • In Pepotown Inn, the collisions are pretty weird feeling, some places feel like you should be able to walk through, but you can't
  • Try not to have transfer events transfer you onto other transfer events, this makes it weird when you move to the side and then get teleported to another map when you didn't want to, and also you have to move off the event and back on if you do want to teleport back
  • When interacting with the Pepotown inn owner, I clicked the "cancel" button hoping to exit the conversation, but unfortunately this led me to pay for an inn stay even if I didn't want to
  • Possibly add a warning about language, because it's a cute game some people might not expect the occasional swearing.
Overall, I really enjoyed playing this game! I kind of wish it was longer, but that's mostly because I wanted to encounter new Wires and towns. It's a cute game with a simple, but motivating story where you encounter lots of interesting characters along the way! Great job! :kaojoy:
Wow thanks so much for the in-depth critique! And thank you for the kind words :) Will keep in mind for my next game! BTW there is a swearing warning on the itchio page!

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I also want to have such a girlfriend...

Riazey

Master of None
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Honestly can I just say this is probably one of the cutest games I've seen this and booooooy if I had the free time I would play tfaik out of this!? I was already intrigued but then I saw that cat npc and I just- if that isn't an accurate 2D representation of my one true god I don't know what is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

SF_Monster3,4 added!

My only regret is the portal mirror effect is too subtle to show up in these GIFs. It probably just needs more sparkles. :LZSwink:
Microsoft: Hey, let's waste money advertising the Xbox Series X when nobody has any in stock, we don't seem to be making more, we aren't taking preorders and you can't get on a waiting list. BEST. IDEA. EVER.
So I'm practicing ITC with a spirit box, and decide to try to contact my deceased soulmate. It actually gave me multiple identifiers. Me, still a bit skeptical, asked aloud "Fine but does he still love me?" and the box spoke and printed the word "Forever" at the same time. Been a mess of tears since. :kaocry:
Been scratching away at my game and making progress, but just had a revelation. I'm working in full screen and adjusting all my pictures accordingly, but will they resize if someone's screen is smaller?? I hope this doesn't turn out to be a problem later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheShyForeigner