- Dec 28, 2016
- Reaction score
- First Language
- Primarily Uses
Esme Green is a young witch-in-training who is beginning her first year at the magical school, Yagserra. The game begins in her cozy forest village and expands to new villages, forests, coasts, and cities as Esme learns more about the world she inhabits.
Esme becomes embroiled in a world that both mistrusts and relies on witches. At Yagserra, she learns what it means to be a witch, from spellwork to diplomacy. The friends she makes and the work that she does as a witch will define her for years (and future games ^_^) to come. As she experiences more of the world, she learns that all is not quite as it seems...
A sampling of towns and cities:
- Mistholler - Esme's sleepy hometown is located in the forest at the foot of a mountain-range, far from the King's conflict...
- The City of Fire - The capital city outwardly outlaws magical practice, but thrives on a less-than-hidden network of witches. Up in the castle, the King mourns his bride and is driven by vengeance.
- The Coral Terrace - This far-away coastal region has a proud history. The ruling House here embraces witchcraft, but has an interest with sea magic that might lead to the region's ruin.
- Witch combat: witches can attack using their daggers, potions, alchemical bombs, familiars, and combination-based spells. As Esme and her friends learn new elemental runes, they can test out combinations in battle.
- Story-driven quests: Complete main quests, side quests, and witch contracts. Choices made in quests and in dialogues will shape Esme's character and change the direction of her story.
- Crafting system: Craft your own potions, bombs, and incenses to aid you on your journey.
- Exploration: Explore 20 distinct towns and cities and many more forests, swamps, mountains, and coastlines. Esme and friends can discover the secrets of their magical school, Yagserra.
- Day/Night system: A day/night system adds realism to the world and affects characters, beasts, and quests.
- Weather system: Likewise, a weather system affects characters, beasts, an magical techniques.
- Magical school: Shape Esme's witchy future at the magical training school, Yagserra. Classes, dorms, dungeons, and enchanted grounds are a relatively safe way to hone your craft and gain experience.
- Friendship system: As Esme makes friends, she will unlock new followers, crafting recipes, quests, and magical techniques.
NOTE: Some items are missing from maps, since they have been evented in. All of these maps are still works-in-progress, and should be considered very rough first drafts. These are my first attempts both at mapping and at parallax mapping (and heck, even at using photoshop). Improvements are being made daily!
Yagserra dorm common room:
Yagserra dorm room:
The Common Mug:
Inn rooms at The Common Mug:
Story: ~5% completed (approximately 30 minutes completed, and I expect anywhere from 5-20 hours - depending on side quests - at the end.)
Mapping: 20 maps in progress, many more to come
...and many more will be added as the game progresses.