RMMV Witch's weapon ?

Luckie17

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Need some outside the box ideas on what a witch's weapon would be. The character is not a typical Halloween witch, so brooms and wands are out. A staff would be the most logical, given the available assets out there, but I'm looking for something more traditional. More true to witch and witchcraft legend, but could also be a visible weapon in game mechanics.
Thanks.

Mystic_Enigma

Seal the Deal!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
But I thought brooms and/or wands were the traditional choices??

In any case, how about simple staves? I'm not sure how fitting it'd be, but I feel it can be an all around tool. It could even have some sort of jewel affixed into it to provide any magic your witch might want to use. Then there's always books, doubles as a go-to item to use spells from AND a blunt object when someone gets too close!

Philosophus Vagus

The drunken bird dog of rpg maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A familiar. Give her a black cat that transforms into a demon to attack with or something, both traditional and different at the same time.

alice_gristle

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A hazel or a willow branch? Imbued with magic, the witch could whisk it at their enemies and inflict, um... damage? Curses? Something.:biggrin: I'm not talking about a hazel wand, mind, but an actual branch from a tree, with the leaves and stuff still attached.

J-G

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How about a mini pumpkin she throws and explodes?
Maybe even a cauldron she summons up and evil spirits come out of it to attack.
She could also have a magic bracelet that activates when attacking and cast a specific magic.
Finally, what about having her revive the dead to attack for her.

Reaction score
First Language
American
Primarily Uses
Ancient egypt has some fun types of staffs and talismans. The Ankh is well known, there's the Sekhem scepter, the Was-scepter. Pharaohs had the Crook and Flail to symbolize good harvest. There are Cobra scepters and staffs, the Cobra was symbol of royalty.

There's a sort of made-up egyptian weapon called the Fan-Axe, which looks like the "Papyrus" staff in the reference sheet. It's shown in drawings, but none have been discovered through archeology. It's probably not a weapon, but just a decorative scepter, however, it does look like something that would hurt to get hit with.

The ancient egyptians also had piriform maces and disk maces, which are cool looking and possibly something a mage could use.

Luckie17

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Good stuff everyone! I think I may have come up with an idea. In my narrative, and game mechanics, the way the witch character learns new spells is not through a level system, but instead through finding grimoires. So I think I can double that as also a weapon. Have it as a book opening animation and have it deal physical-elemental damage of what ever type element is in the spell.

I definitely like your ideas for big special moves and can easily implement them into both my narrative and battle mechanics.

M.I.A.

Goofball Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Knives. Witches and knives = peanutbutter and jelly. :p

-MIA

tcazi

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I imagine that a witch would have an enchanted object as their weapon. Like a straw or wooden puppet/doll that carries out the witches bidding

mazzy-elf

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Deck of tarot cards? Crystal ball... You could most certainly kill someone with one, those things are heavy.
In some of my faerie books they talk about spoons possessing magical abilities.

Darkanine

...In my thoughts and in my dreams...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Perhaps a spellbook written in the Theban alphabet?
Different spellbooks could have different default attacks and/or provide different skills, for example, you could use a Lacnunga to grant healing magic, various Occult texts for offensive spells and Goetian texts for summons.
Combative items used to set up rituals could be pretty cool too.

RetailDrone7576

Reillo9
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
maybe a alchemy set? make acidic potions and poisons to throw at enemies similar to a molotov

Black Pagan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In my game, I give my Female Sorceress the ability to wield 3 weapons : Wand, Scythe & Flail

- The Wand is an Evasion + Agility based Weapon to spam Spells.
- The Scythe is a Damage Reduction + Regeneration based weapon to Curse Enemies.
- The Flail is a Melee Option, A High Damage low accuracy weapon

Finnuval

World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Perhaps a spellbook written in the Theban alphabet?
Different spellbooks could have different default attacks and/or provide different skills, for example, you could use a Lacnunga to grant healing magic, various Occult texts for offensive spells and Goetian texts for summons.
Combative items used to set up rituals could be pretty cool too.
Oh the lacnunga... Hadnt thought of that one myself. Thats a pretty good and interesting idea to use in a game for healing magic.... Hmmm, might have to borrow that one myself :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The three if us sat to watch "The day India Burned" to take notes. 10 minutes in, one went to sleep. I wanted to finish it but I couldn't stop tearing up (yawning makes me cry) so after 40 minutes I gave up. But now I'm not sleepy anymore :0
OH... OKAY... Well, VX Ace certainly never did THAT before. :mad:
Been busy with non-RM stuff, can't wait to get back into making a game.
i'm not only drawing girls tbh
i like grubby old man
Kes wrote on Chef's profile.
I have deleted your profile post as our Rules are quite clear that you may not use them to advertise non-RM products, nor may you give a link to anything that solicits payment for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neotronix