Without any plugin, how to make an event that changes your character's name?

Pervert_Tentacle

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There are games with prologues that don't show the character's name until 5 minutes later and until then they have some kind of descriptive name, like "readhead" or "blonde boy".

Suppose that I have a character named Bob, I don't want to reveal it right away in the start but I want to present him with a descriptive name. Then Bob meets someone else, and when they ask what his name is he'll reveal his name and say something like "I'm Bob."

Doing this with message windows is easy, but as a newbie I want to integrate the "Blonde boy" name in the interface and battles, then I do the event that changes his name to "Bob" for the rest of the story. Is it possible to do something like that without plugins?

Edit: I think I found it but can someone verify this? Is this button over here?
ChangingName.PNG

Last edited:

Pervert_Tentacle

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So If in my example I stated above, if I want to change the name from "Blond Boy" to "Bob". Should I use Change Name, or Name Input Processing?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Less than a week and I can move into my new apartment and out of this bad situation. I'm so excited! Then game making power will increase. :kaoluv:
Enter the password in letters. (English subtitles)
I really tried to pull off something for halloween, but I don't feel like going on. I feel like the plot I was building was too generic, and I couldn't connect to it as I do with other projects. On the bright side, I've been working on my cosmic-puzzle project, so far I think the core mechanics are working properly, so I'll be creating some large test maps to see how it works out.
People2_5 & SF_Monster1 added!

Ami
--- X Costume ---

M.Healer: I'm wearing M.Mage's Costume.
M.Mage: I'm wearing M.Healer's Costume.
M.Knight: Why not using the Scary Costume like me,The Scary Frankenstein?
M.Healer: Err…Because we have low of Budget.
M.Mage: Yeah,right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TikeTenGamesOffical