Woah what does guard speed do, should I change the number or leave this be?

gothsorrowsuffer

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
For example let's say this is the situation: If the player is that dumb and stuck doing nothing during the battle with no weapons or items.
Screen Shot 2020-10-30 at 10.21.48 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-10-30 at 10.27.00 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-10-30 at 10.27.12 PM.png

Volourn

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It just means the skill will be used really fast. In case of Guard, this is done so it will be done first before any other skills so the character will have Guard up right away (since it only lasts one round anyways).

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@gothsorrowsuffer next time, please use [alt]-[prtscrn] instead of just [prtscn] for your screenshots, that will limit them to the active window and they'll be better readable.

skill speed gets added to battler agility before determing the action order.
basically every action gets a number calculated

battler.agi + skill.speed + random%

and then all actions (both from actors and enemies) are sorted highest to lowest number and executed in the battle.
Giving a skill a high speed increases the chance of it being used early in the battle, thereby affecting the rest of the battleturn. a negative speed pushes the time for action back to the end of the turn.

that speed has no effect on the map at all

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

grief... lol... I keep seeing request for MZ versions of MV plugins. this is why I haven't moved over and just MZ for my MV project.
Egg-sitting minigame is coming along nicely. Are you a bad enough dino to keep all these raptor eggs warm?

I forgot to post the animated version of the previous map I was working on. I'm still arguing with myself on if I like the stark blue ground better than the undergrowth ground used on the waterfall map. Hmm...
now that fmod is free for indie(<200k revenue), it would be interesting to see someone add fmod support for rpg maker
Can't say I can't promise progress on a project just yet. But I can say I had fun databasing tonight. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soikeohomnay