WOMB

Discussion in 'Completed Games' started by itokengroup, Oct 10, 2013.

1. itokengroup

itokengroup iTOKEN Veteran

First Language:
    Englis
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    In space, there are no emergency exits...

Story:

A human who only goes by the name 36D, wakes up from a space sleep, lasting
    hundreds of years. He then finds himself alone in a space station. With nothing
    to do and no one to talk to, he then struggles between sanity and insanity.

Characters:

Scientist Donald Blake
    Born = Unknown
    Place of Birth = Earth
    Age = 56
    Occupation = Head of the project SEFME

A brilliant scientist who pioneered cryo hibernation, Dr. Blake was able to succeed in slowing the aging process for humans. By Cryo hibernation, a human can sleep for 40 years, only aging for 3 minutes.

Dr. Lilak Tsu
    Born = Unknown
    Place of Birth = Earth
    Age = 30
    Occupation = Human Robot Integration Scientist

Part of a military secret research, she creates A.I nano chips.

Damon Century
    Born = September 2, 4204
    Place of Birth = Space Station Galilee
    Country of Origin = USA
    Age = 25
    Occupation: Test Subject for project SEFME (Space Exploration For Mortal Evolution)

TRAILER:

RELEASE 10/10/13 TRAILER

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLsiYEn4ELU

FULL REVIEWS:

Random Video Games: http://www.videogamelists.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/rm-game-review-womb.html

HOMEPAGE:http://itokengames.weebly.com/

INTERVIEWS:

http://tenminuteinterviews.com/itoken/

DOWNLOAD LINKS:

Drive: Download

FileSonic: http://www.bit.ly/1e2Y8fo

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2016
  2. Matseb2611

Matseb2611 Innovate, don't emulate Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello. I've been waiting for this. Just started playing the game, and here are my first impressions so far:

- Very nice atmosphere. I do feel like I'm in space.

- I like the idea that you have those old-style videos in the game.

- The computer voice at the start was a pretty cool touch.

- The slow walking speed is killing me. Why not just leave it as normal?

- I also noticed you didn't change all the stuff in the menus. Like the character description in the Status menu is still the same one as from one of the default RPG maker actors.

- The passwords puzzle at the start was cool.

- I noticed in the second room I can freely walk all over the wall. Was that intended, seeing that we're in space? Or did you just forget to change the tile passability? I notice that junction box is set to 'Above the player' which is a little weird, because it's supposed to be attached to a wall and yet I can walk under it.

- So far the game seems nice, only rough around the edges, but I'm already stuck and don't know what to do next.

3. vision_bond

vision_bond Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Hello, itokengroup(at)gmail.co.

Here is my humble opinion on your game.

*The premise of your story sounds really interesting, that's why I gave your game a try.
    *First of all, I recommend you to upload your game to a different server, (mediafire, zippyshare, putlocker, are fast and reliable) it took me like 40 minutes to download your game, because FileFactory limited the speed at some 100KB/s (and that was the no-rtp version...).

I also tried the torrent but apparently it doesn't have any seeders.

Now, the game.

I'm afraid it fails in the most basic level.
    *The pasability of some tiles is not correct like these marked in yellow:

[​IMG]
    It is specially annoying with the lights so down, that you can not see what is stopping the character.

*That's another issue. The game is too dark. One has to be careful using light scripts. They can give a good ambiance when they are correctly used, but in this case, the lights are in the way of the gameplay.

*The eventing also needs refinement.

For example when the computer asked me the password, the only thing I did was to press the cancel button and it told me the answer was correct. And after I inputted the password, the same computer still gave me all the options, asked me the same questions and gave me the password. That is not necessary.

*Some events are also in the wrong position like the lights. They should not be in the way of the character.

*There is an event that keeps telling me "Cryo chamber control panel" (marked in blue) when I step on it, but nothing around it is interactive. So I'm assuming it is misplaced. Maybe it is used later, but for now, from the point of view of the gamer, it is just an odd event.

*The menu is so basic and the default info of Eric is still there. It break the mood of the game.

*I spent around 15 minutes trying to find where to input the password. Usually one would try a computer, or the "Cryo chamber control panel". You know, usual stuff. But to my surprise, the place to input the password was in a lonely tile in the darkness (marked in red) that doesn't look at all like something that would be interactive.

And all that, is just from the first screen...

*On the next one, the wall (because it's supposed to be a wall, right?) marked in orange, has its passability wrong.

[​IMG]
    That takes me to another huge mapping issue.

*Why use floor tiles as wall tiles? It's disorienting and they ruin the perspective of the game. One sees those tiles and tries to walk on them (again, usual stuff). They are floor tiles for a reason, the perspective they have is different to the wall tiles. They need to be used as intended. We have the floor tiles (marked in green) used as walls.

This happens again on the restroom. Passability errors (marked in red) and floor tiles as walls (marked in yellow).

[​IMG]
    This is so basic, and yet it is neglected, that tells me no one tested the game.

I kept playing for a few more minutes, but I was so tired of these errors repeating again and again that I closed the game, and here I am.

It's not just that it looks bad, it plays bad. I can tolerate to some degree that a game looks ugly if it is fun and the maps are functional, but this is different.

The passability issues plus a really dark ambiance is just not for me.

This last picture sums it up.

[​IMG]

Where am I? What am I looking at? Are those supposed to be walls or floor?

It's a shame, because the story seems promising, but I will never find out with these issues.

4. tarugista@yahoo.com

tarugista@yahoo.com Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Finshed the game in one sitting. Wow!

Although rough around the edges, the game comes to life during the creation of your other "buddies"

Ending is mind boggling, something I have never experienced before.

As for the bad, there are some mapping errors, I hoped this will be patched soon.

Other than that, truly a unique game.

5. itokengroup

First Language:
    Englis
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    thnks for the feedback, updated and patched. Which part are you stuck in? I understand that it picks up slow, but once you meet "her" it will

get more interesting. Are you in the robot creating part of the game?

6. Matseb2611

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I've only just managed to unlock the locker in the second room which had a photo and a message from mother, but after that the game didn't tell me what else to do. I kept trying to walk around and pressing action on various things, but didn't find anything yet. I do intend to continue playing, but any hints as to what to do next? 

7. itokengroup

First Language:
    Englis
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Ah ok, you just go left, the door will be unlocked (after you open the locker). From there you will receive again a  voice message from the

Public address system, just follow what it says.

8. don.dudong@gmail.com

don.dudong@gmail.com Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    a fresh new atmosphere, catches really the essence of outer space. but what really makes this game diffrerent is the story, I have never seen anything like it. The gameplay, progression and cutscenes are also one of a kind.

whoever thought of this game is either crazy or talented.

9. Matseb2611

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    All right, so I got further. Yep, the atmosphere is really good as I said before and I really like how you've done the whole computer voice thing. In that regard it feels really polished, but I do agree also with Vision_bond in regard to the passability. There are a lot of places where it needs to be fixed. Like in the cafeteria for example, I can walk over most of the cabinets, whereas some parts of the floor I cannot. Now you said you patched the game? What's in the new patch? If it's a major change, then I might re-download the game, but if it's a small one, I might wait till another one that has bigger changes.

So for now I got to that puzzle that requires the laser beam to be guided through the tubes in order to open the door and I'll tell you honestly, I have no idea what I'm doing. It's good you put a description at the start of what needs to be done, but it's still a bit too unclear, and there seems to be no way to reset the puzzle, because I am sure I mucked it up as soon as the first of the tubes exploded and could not be used anymore. It would've been nice if there was a way to start over.   

10. itokengroup

First Language:
    Englis
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    thanks for the update, I will include everything you said in the major patch, as for the puzzle, just please try to finish it, after that, the secret of the game will reveal itself. send me your thoughts after finishing the game..

11. itokengroup

First Language:
    Englis
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    The major patch will be this month, the exploding tubes are there, to make the puzzle easier, actually. Once you get passed it, it will open the new areas where you can "create". thanks for the feedback.

12. Matseb2611

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks. I've managed to do the puzzle. Yeah, at first I thought the exploding tubes were me screwing up, but turns out they weren't. It's not a bad puzzle I suppose, but one thing I'd say is that 1 minute 30 is a bit too harsh of a time limit for it. It basically means you can't afford to make any errors or to spend too long on one section. I failed it a few times and the time when I succeeded I've done within 2 seconds remaining. I think 2 minutes would've been a more suitable time limit for this, especially that this puzzle is fairly early on in the game.

So I got quite a bit further. I quite liked the part where I had to assemble a robot. Required quite a bit of looking around and getting things done in the correct order, so overall that was pretty cool. Now, however, I am not entirely sure what I'm supposed to do. So I got to the cloning facility and read the info on it on the main scientist's computer. I think I see where the plot is gonna go here, I can sort of expect what might be happening, but still, hoping to be surprised. But anyways, I can't seem to find that cabinet that was mentioned on the computer and I don't quite understand what I am supposed to be doing. I mean, why is my character interested in doing cloning right now?   

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2013
  13. itokengroup

First Language:
    Englis
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Youre character is not interested in it, "she" is. Go up to the next room and read the scattered papers. That should give you a clue. You can make 2 kinds of robots in RAM, one is hack bot, the other?

14. Matseb2611

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yeah, I knew about the DNA bot. I just wasn't sure why I needed to do the cloning. In fact, it took me a while to find that other room, since I couldn't see its entrance in the dark. But I've gotten past that part now. The story is getting quite interesting and I've now gotten to Act 2. I'll let you know what I think as I get further. 

15. itokengroup

First Language:
    Englis
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Nice, just continue and unexpected events will happen more and more. She told you to do it, it was not your decision to do so, as you go further, you will understand

why.

16. Matseb2611

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    OK so...

I've watched the cutscene from the past. Some funny dialogue there. Then I went on to see Dr Donald Blake and the computer was all weird. But then he said to go with him to his room and he was going to show me something and nothing seems to happen. I went to both his room upstairs and the lab room downstairs, and nothing happens. So I'm kind of stuck again. Also another thing, you still have the event of the cutscene of when he was cloned in the lab.

17. itokengroup

First Language:
    Englis
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A

Thanks for the spoiler alert: He said "look something in the torn carpet, so go to his room and look for a torn carpet, press action" good luck. There will be a lot of

things awaiting you. DNA room will be updated (repeating events)

18. Matseb2611

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ah thanks. I forgot about the torn carpet by the time I got there. Perhaps it would've been good if either your character or the doc mentioned it again upon entry into the room, because the player might forget it the first time. But anyways, I've gotten further now and I quite like how the story is developing. The part with space travelling was pretty interesting and well made.  

19. itokengroup

First Language:
    Englis
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Glad you are liking it. I actually designed the game progression like that, from being alone and now opening up more and more stories.

20. Matseb2611

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Heya again. I really like the story, it's pretty well thought of, but I am stuck again. 

When Lilak asks me to get some item from the toilet, I first went to the upstairs toilet, but there doesn't seem to be anything there, so I went downstairs, and I assume I have to sneak past Blake. The problem is, as soon as I come within 3 paces of him, he sees me, regardless of whether he is facing me or not, and he is moving right around the door and very fast too. I don't think it's possible to sneak past him, unless there is another way to do it. Should I even be going that way?