Xenphir

Nature's Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello fellow RPG Makers. I am rather new and was wondering if RPGMaker MV has the ability to (With enough coding and eventing) have the following mechanics or if I should figure out something else:

~Use of the mouse to click on screen to activate events instead of using space or enter
~Use of WASD instead of Up, Left, Down, and Right.
~An on-screen battle system and on-screen HP and Energy gauges, instead of turn-based combat in a separate map.
~A scroll or slot inventory, similar to Stardew Valley and Minecraft to use items and tools.
~A slot inventory in the main inventory menu, showing pictures first, then when hovering over item, displays item name and information.

All of these are found in Stardew Valley but I don't know if such mechanics can be used in RPGMaker MV

JtheDuelist

Your Friendly Neighborhood Shapeshifter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
@Xenphir I know the first one is already possible in MV by default (but also allows the player to move around this way as well- this is default since MV allows for exporting games for touchscreen devices running Android or iOS) and the second is most likely possible with editing the core scripts like System.json, but if not, you may need a plugin for that. The third I know Moghunter has made a Actor HUD that shows the HP, MP, TP, EXP, and Level of the lead character, but on screen battles will require a plugin or extensive and heavy eventing. As for the last two, you may have to request someone to make new plugins for those features.

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
All of those are possible, but you'll probably need to commission a scripter to do some of the work for you.

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hudell is correct :)

padr81

Guy whose game is taking too long.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello fellow RPG Makers. I am rather new and was wondering if RPGMaker MV has the ability to (With enough coding and eventing) have the following mechanics or if I should figure out something else:

~Use of the mouse to click on screen to activate events instead of using space or enter
~Use of WASD instead of Up, Left, Down, and Right.
~An on-screen battle system and on-screen HP and Energy gauges, instead of turn-based combat in a separate map.
~A scroll or slot inventory, similar to Stardew Valley and Minecraft to use items and tools.
~A slot inventory in the main inventory menu, showing pictures first, then when hovering over item, displays item name and information.

All of these are found in Stardew Valley but I don't know if such mechanics can be used in RPGMaker MV

There is a plugin for pretty much all those. The first 3 anyway.

1- Huddell has a plugin for that.
2- yanflys keyboard config.
3 - There are loads of atb's, chrono engine by Moghunter is cool.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

My entire family and I have Covid... If it's this bad with the vaccine, without must be terrible. Stay safe, everyone. This thing is a doozy.
Ugh. Head heavy with sick juice. I wish I could work on my stuff. o_O
GZZPUeX.png

Overflow Form
I'm coming back to my work with Learn RPG Maker MV. Soon I'll be posting previews screenshots for my "paterons"! :guffaw:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aubycringe