English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
My game has the following:

Excessive Violence
Blood
Strong Language
Suggestive Themes

In otherwords the party is a bunch of murderous hobos. (im serious it's called The Four Murder Hobos)

Tiamat-86

old jrpg gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
PG is a movie rating.
games have E, T, M

telling story from side of the murder hobos, could see that being M rating

Nekohime1989

Nekohime
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
pg13 is the forums rating. which we have to abide though right?

estriole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesian
as far as i know... Excessive Violence + Blood automatically make your game rated R.
also if the Strong Language is frequent it could also make your game rated R.

Restricted
R
- Restricted - Under 17 requires accompanying adult over the age of 18. The person is required to stay with the child under 17 through the entire movie, even if the parent gives the child/teenager permission to see the film alone. These films may contain mild or implied sex scenes, prolonged nudity, strong violence often with blood and gore, strong horror scenes and explicit/illegal/prolonged drug use. A movie rated R for profanity often has more severe or frequent swearing than the PG-13 rating would permit. An R-rated movie may have more blood, gore, drug use, nudity, or graphic sexuality than a PG-13 movie would permit. Some R-rated films have an "unrated" DVD release with scenes of violence, sexual material, or profanity that have been edited from the original cut. At its inception, the R certificate permitted patrons aged 16 and older to attend unaccompanied, but this was raised to 17 in the 1970s.

hope this help.

edit: Tiamat-86 is correct... it's mainly for movies... game use ESRB rating:
E, E10+, T, M, A0, Rp.

i don't know about forum rating though...

Last edited:

EmmieFinch

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Id probably say thats M rated

Finnuval

World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
PG and ESRB are both North American ratings (which makes sense since this is an American Based site).
Europe (except Germany) uses PEGI - Just to clear that up xD

It doesnt really matter though for the OP in this case. And the forum abides the PG system it seems.

Excessive Violence is good way to get an R17 rating though especially combine with the show of (human colored) blood.

Suggestive themes are likely to make it beyond pg13 as well (in America anyway and since this is an american site...).

Maybe someone like @Touchfuzzy can clearify it more though

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, this is technically off topic but this game sounds genuinely interesting. I do want to play a game starring murderous hobos.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
pg13 is the forums rating. which we have to abide though right?
You don't have to abide by it to make a game. You can make your game however you want with RPG Maker. You just can't post it here if you make it 18+.

Also, this isn't related to Site Feedback, so I'm moving it to General Discussion.

duty

Keepin' it simple
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (US)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Rate it "M" for "Murder Hobo".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Yet another gaming question, i'm currently playing Last of Us 2 and want to get another game to play next but can't decide between Ghost of Tsushima, Miles Morales & Jedi Fallen Order. After the latest mandalorian i AM on a star wars kick, but i also LOVED the last spiderman game that prequels Miles Morales. Ghost of Tsushima is the bottom of my list but i heard it was AWESOME. Just want a good story & fun gameplay.
I checked out Genshin Impact gameplay out of curiosity. I can't believe it's available as a mobile game too. Smooth animation, great music, and stellar sound effects (the ambient sounds are pretty detailed).

I'm flabbergasted to see games have becoming more and more advanced. Maybe also because I'm oblivious to current trend for a long time, it almost feel like I'm being sent into distant future. xD
xDRAGOONx wrote on WaywardMartian's profile.
Your artwork is amazing!!!
:ewat:
Stream will be live shortly with a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
I should finish the cat video I'm editing and finish the indesign stuff. So far only 1 is done and 4 to go

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grizel