Won't Install 64 Bit Windows 10: VX Ace Game

Geyblade

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I even redid the installer after installing VX Ace into my WIndows 10 64 system.
Anyone else come across this?
Install the game made, and it is extracting files but nothing is installed.
Oddly enough had this happen to me with Party Hard 2 Alphas (in this case they are installed just don't start or show itself in the foreground.).

Geyblade

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Stand Alone, I bailed on the Steam over Greenlight (vote or no vote).

Warpmind

Twisted Genius
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
Check if your antivirus software flagged and removed some files?

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Which installer are you using? I've never had a problem with Ace games on Windows 10 64 bit, so it's not a general problem with Ace but something about either your machine or your game.

Geyblade

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Nope, didn't have a chance and it isn't automatic, I set them to ask me. What files usually get it?

Geyblade

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I use it's own Compressor with Encrypt and RTP include.

Geyblade

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Any dev settings in 10 maybe? Been trying to toy with Docker, then containers were missing (converting exe to that stupid app system).

Geyblade

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Seems separately installing RTP 1.0 in case it was more recent than the Maker's. Nope.

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

Geyblade, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

In fact it's a quadruple post. If you want to add something just edit your earlier post.

It's not a default issue with Windows 10, I have that, I've used the compressor (though never with the RTP) and there has never been a problem. I come back to the point that there is something in your specific setup which is causing this. You will have to look to see what changes you have made to the default settings etc.

When you were asked if it was Steam or Standalone, you referred to Greenlight in your answer. You were not being asked about whether you were releasing your game on Steam but whether you are using the Steam version of the editor or the standalone version. There can be issues with the way Steam stores things in the cloud.

Geyblade

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
The VX Ace is outside steam.

I did it without including RTP, and sure enough your right. I might have to leave the run times in a zip separately I suppose.

Thanks

Last edited:

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The only reason I mentioned about the RTP is because I never use it, not because it's the cause of your problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I cannot get the Benny Hill Theme out of my head
A wave of cold air has hit Canada... I know it's "always cold", but this one is especially cold... I'm freezing to death lol.
Have fun with English: a "fire grenade" is not portable napalm but a fire extinguisher tool.
2 days ago someone tried to convert me to Islam. Today youtube tried to convert me to Catholicism. The only thing left would be to meet sone Jehova's witnesses.
I just successfully tested changing music by region, and changing it between continents on the world map after getting on/off the airship. I had to override the default audio transitions with eventing to make it change smoothly but it worked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bloojacie