rinarunine

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I was using RMMV just fine when I went to hit Playtest and my project didn't launch. No black screen, no window, no error message.

I tried creating a blank project and the same thing happens, no windows, no errors, just nothing. I don't know what caused this.

I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling RMMV, and restarting my PC, and still nada. This is driving me nuts.

If I check the Windows Task Manager it seems like RMMV is trying to open multiple instances of nw.js for some reason, if that helps at all.

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When that happens to me, all I need to do is kill all instances of nwjs and it works fine.

rinarunine

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
It doesn't work for me.

When I hit Play Test it opens up four instances of NW.js and my game doesn't launch.

I can close all of them in the task manager but when I try to launch my game / any project via Play Test, it just opens up four instances.

Xh4CA0x.png

rinarunine

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I guess something was corrupted with my project so I scrapped it and started over and now closing nw.js seems to work. Bummer but hey it's working.

aroha

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This seems to be a mistake in windows itself, not limited to RMMV, other programs have the opportunity to have this situation

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I just lost an hour plus of time to trying to modify the _battlefield sprite... when in reality MZ calls it _battleField ;_;

Even when debugging for the "undefined value", it looked exactly the same to my 20/60 eyesight.

I really prefer this_naming_convention rather than thisNamingConvention !!
hmm... I just solved one of the more annoying sideview battler problems in MV.. Passive States and Visual States can make it so when your character is in crisis HP, they don't go back to normal walk/wait when it's their turn. they stay in the crisis motion... neat.
Apparently all of LGBT reddit hates me. I posted a simple question and only got hate mail. What's the deal? The doompost was literally 6 months ago and I've changed my views since then and apologized.
MOD NOTE: See second response before replying to this. - Wavelength
Amazing. Simply amazing...

JRPG Browser - Playlist:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ttkkttuu