Won't Playtest any projects

rinarunine

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I was using RMMV just fine when I went to hit Playtest and my project didn't launch. No black screen, no window, no error message.

I tried creating a blank project and the same thing happens, no windows, no errors, just nothing. I don't know what caused this.

I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling RMMV, and restarting my PC, and still nada. This is driving me nuts.

If I check the Windows Task Manager it seems like RMMV is trying to open multiple instances of nw.js for some reason, if that helps at all.

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When that happens to me, all I need to do is kill all instances of nwjs and it works fine.

rinarunine

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
It doesn't work for me.

When I hit Play Test it opens up four instances of NW.js and my game doesn't launch.

I can close all of them in the task manager but when I try to launch my game / any project via Play Test, it just opens up four instances.

rinarunine

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I guess something was corrupted with my project so I scrapped it and started over and now closing nw.js seems to work. Bummer but hey it's working.

aroha

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This seems to be a mistake in windows itself, not limited to RMMV, other programs have the opportunity to have this situation

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Profile Posts

A part of me wants to return back to the beginning and first two chapters and remake them with parallax map. But I have decided not to. Every chapter is just another step in the journey. No need to walk back unless I have to revise dialouge.
Hey guys! Good news!
I just released the Games from Brazil - Part 2 on my Youtube Channel! I am really happy that part 1 had 100 views and I hope more people will be interested to see the potencial of Brazilian Game Devs!
Effervesce Fallacy™ - Attract Mode (proto)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WDRS