RMVXA Word Farm (Optional religious content)

CodeHunterEx

Hunter of the Perfect Code
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Word Farm

Title is a work in progress. New title ideas are welcomed.

SECTION A: SYNOPSIS
Do you know/remember the game hangman?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hangman_(game)

Well, this is a game similar to it, but different. Here you have 3 animals in the pen and you need to guess the word or phrase before the animals escapes. For every 3 incorrect guesses and animal escapes.

IMAGES/SCREENSHOTS
Here is the current title screen to change later:
WordFarm1.png

Here is the starting area. Where you are asked to choose a male or female character.
WordFarm2.png

These images shows the main game area.
WordFarm3.png
WordFarm4.PNG

Word Lists Information
This game uses two lists and you can choose either list.

There is a Bible list that includes items from the Bible. Could be a book (Book of Psalms), a verse or part of a verse (Jesus Wept). All Bible references here.

The other list contains word and short phrases and maybe things like places, name, etc.

Note:
When you choose the Bible list, it also includes the other list as well. It will randomly choose which to get an item from.

When choosing a list you have 3 options: Bible, Other, Random. Random will choose either list for you.

Inside stuff
This game Disables the menu.

There are around 500 switches, 40 variables, and plenty of events used in the creation. No scripts are used and I have no plans to add any (at this time). All animations are done with events.

Current status:
As you could see, I have the starting area and the game areas ready and I have the game mechanics mostly done.
I still have to add more words/phrases and I need to get the correct/incorrect guesses completed. I hope to have a demo available in a day or two.

I added two lists because I am trying to make this a game for everyone and not have players run away because of the Bible references.
Just choose the list that works for you.

Update
Here is the game ready for your comments:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pkw7au6iatte28w/Word Farm.exe?dl=0

Last edited:

OneManIndie

THE One-Man Indie!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Is this a revamp of your last project or a different one?

CodeHunterEx

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Is this a revamp of your last project or a different one?

This is a completely separate project/game.

I was considering adding this into the other project as a mini-game or something like that, but I decided just to keep it separate.

This will be complete long before the other game gets completed.

CodeHunterEx

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Current status:

The game is playable as is, but I am changing things around. Removing all but essential switches and variables. Adding different maps for the game so the player can choose a different environment. I have added a school setting for now.

I am also working on a MV port that does NOT include Bible text. I may add it in later, but for now I am not including it. Also MV will include multiple mps to play, but not necessary the same maps as the VX Ace has.

CodeHunterEx

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I am adding a 'sunshine' effect to the game. There will be a way to enable/disable the effect.

Sunshine Effect.png

I am going to create an RPG Maker MV version of Word Farm without using the school tileset. It will be using the same feature as the original with animals in a pen. The games titles will be Word Farm SE (VX Ace) and Word Farm MV for MV.

Edit and quick mention:
Words for the game is taken from:
https://github.com/dwyl/english-words/

Last edited:

CodeHunterEx

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Finally the kids are behaving! Or are they? I am ready to share.

For your enjoyment here is Word Farm - School Edition

What is included:
1) Over 2700 words to discover
2) Teacher who acts like Vana White
3) Seven students who can't behave
4) Animation for the picked letters
5) And more....

There is a surprise or two along the way.

Please give this a good test-run and let me know what you think of it.

Edit: https://www.dropbox.com/s/t47vh8kix8b04fj/WordFarmSE.zip?dl=0

Last edited:

_Shadow_

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
First of all it is just 10.5 MB.
Works fine, but it seems that you might need to add an animal, or the game is really tricky sometimes. ;)

CodeHunterEx

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
First of all it is just 10.5 MB.
Works fine, but it seems that you might need to add an animal, or the game is really tricky sometimes. ;)

Game is VERY small because I only use what is absolutely needed. Only a few kids from the RTP are used. I wanted to keep this game small.

If you mean adding an animal because of the title, you might be right. I have another version I also work with and I call that one 'Puzzle School'. I may create a new post with that as new title.

What do you think of the introduction scenes? Have any school kids like Goldilocks?

I am addicted to my own game. I play it more than I work on it. Gremlins and all. :p

I also added in some humor. For instance the title screen options.

Updated Information:
The "School Edition" of Word Farm has been renamed to "Puzzle School" and has been moved to "Completed Games".

The original "Word Farm" for MV is still in development and will be completed next. Please stay puzzled and I should have it all solved soon.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

"...I'll shut up and carry on
The scream becomes a yawn..."
Me: For My enter the Haroldverse game I'll make a horror game!
[four snarky/snide comments from the disembodied narrator later]
Fine it's a horror comedy now.
Feeling overwhelmed by this project's scope lately, and lured by other projects; but it also feels like I'm on the verge of a turning point, almost finished laying the "foundations" and can soon start building the real structure. In other words, the dreaded "middle phase lull." I recognize and will resist it. So, the latest work: battle sprite for the second major party member.

If you REALLY want to slow a loop down... stick a console.log statement in it. lol
welp... YED_Sideview Battler works on MZ with FOSSIL, and it even works with the new MZ Battle Core. problem is I dunno if the new battle core allows for custom motions with YED like the MV one does.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RubenOdd