Working on a 'Mini' state

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by Knock, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Knock

Knock Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Hey there,

I'm working on adding a 'Mini' state to a game I'm making in MV, but I'm running into some issues. Admittedly, Javascript isn't my strong suit, but I've been working on going through and trying to figure things out. 

What I'm trying to do is create a state that will, when on an actor, reduce their sprite size both in battles and out of battles. I've managed to figure out that I need to use this.scale.x and this.scale.y to adjust the scale of the sprite, and I've figured out that Sprite_Actor.prototype.updateFrame seems like what I'm looking for. However, I can't quite figure out the if statement I'll need to determine if the actor has the state on them before rescaling them. If anyone has any guidance they can give me, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

2. J-G

J-G Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I think you may need to use condition branch player and then state. But before that you will have to create a common event to call upon when skill is used. In the common event. Do the same, condition branch, player and then script for changes.