CalebW

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

If you want to add weather to your game, the plugin needed for this will be MOG hunters Weather_Ex plug-in. Additionally you will need the pre-built “weather folder from the download moved over into your game folder where img, js, audio, etc are. These will be the images you call.

The 3rd page on events is a plug-in command and you will have to enter “weather : ID : Type : Power : Speed : Blend_Type : File_Name”

Now ID can be 0-20 on any given map and you can have multiple weather effects, you just have to do multiple plug-in calls.

Type is listed on MOGs site 1-32 as the different weather “type” you’ll call. Aka snow, sun

Power is how many particles you will call with a max of 2000. (85 was a lot when I called shooting stars, consider saving the higher numbers for ads I’ve rain and snow storms.)

Speed: ....the speed at which it animates across the x axis.

Blend type only can be 0/1/2 (2 is basically not there)

File Name will be the exact name of the weather particle you will call inside the weather folder in your game folder.

If you download and use this plug-in for weather, make sure to follow the terms and conditions set forth by MOG and also to credit. It’s a powerful plug-in and with this tip, you should be able to bring Weather life to all of your maps you choose.

Last edited:

gothicvoid

[GothicVoid]
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I do not understand how you got the weather to appear on the map you put the command on... I put the weather command on my main map and nothing shows up. you said you did a switch.... how did you set it up?

CalebW

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I do not understand how you got the weather to appear on the map you put the command on... I put the weather command on my main map and nothing shows up. you said you did a switch.... how did you set it up?
Make sure your overworld has this event on parallel. What happens is that every single door in my world calls the common event and turns the "weather trigger" to off. Event page 2 of the "Weather Event" is blank with a condition set to weather trigger on. Then the common event turning the trigger to the off position means that the next map I enter it checks if I have an event to start up weather. But I make sure to clear all weather first so that there isn't a conflicting weather ID throwing an error into the game.
upload_2019-3-31_17-38-55.png

Then this common event that is called in that parallel event like this.

upload_2019-3-31_17-39-52.png

COMMON EVENT Below inserted into a door.

upload_2019-3-31_17-41-16.png

gothicvoid

[GothicVoid]
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i dont have a second event page... i think im so lost.

CalebW

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i dont have a second event page... i think im so lost.
Alright, so you have download all the proper plugins from MOG hunter? Moved over the plugins and folders needed from his download as his site instructs?

Step two is making a parrelel event on your overworld map that runs a plug-in command to clear the weather and then assign a weather condition with a second plugin command. Then you set your labeled switch which I called weather trigger to the on position. That same event should have a second event page and all you have to do with that event page is set a condition to weather trigger or what ever your switch is named. Leave the rest blank. {consider this like a self switch} Make sure in your plugin command you have everything labeled and spaced correctly. Also in your second the last option choose 0 or 1 because a 2 would set the blend mode to basically transparent. This is the number before the file name, in my example file name : Cloud_01A

As long as you do all of that you’ll have working clouds everywhere. But then I have a common event which turns the weather trigger to off each time I enter any door, I had to manually place all of those.

In every map that isn’t my main overworld I have the parrellel event that clears previous weather effects, and then sets a new one. Just like the overworld event, except I set a different weather or don’t set one at all. But the trigger is still treated the same and the events are still parrelel with a second event page that is blank.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

It's my birthday! :kaoluv: Also, Cupcake is done and out(ill post about it in a couple of days, busy today)
Not to be greedy, but if anyone happens to have VX Ace or MV Resource steam keys that I don't have, lying around, I'd be happy to take them off your hands.
Got accepted into the architecture degree. Now I have all the doubting questions. Have to give them an answer in the next few days.
Just realized I have a few Steam gifts floating around. Anyone need RPG Maker MV or XP (Steam only)? Send me a message and I will send them on over!

EDIT: Just an RPG Maker MV gift remaining! XP has been taken.
*when you can do the Unity tutorials, but when you actually try and convert it to your own knowledge, it fails horribly*

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Guhh