Working with multiple screen!, never been so easy!

Discussion in 'Useful Development Tools' started by Jonforum, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Jonforum

Jonforum Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I share this free portable application that I have been using for a long time now.
    It is compatible windows 10.
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/monitorswitcher/
    A must for anyone who works with more than one monitor or television.
    And hates losing 2 to 5 minutes switch monitor with the default bad window screen parameter or nvidia screen switcher.

Trick for autoOpen this app at your windows boot:
    1. Store you App where you whant, and make a shotcut.
    2. Gol && open AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup or run: shell:startup
    3. copy your shortcut in this folder, this folder store , what portable app you whent run when windows startup
    how to use.
    1:Click on the app at bottom right:
    Sans-titre-1.jpg
    And make first save of your current monitor profil.
    2: Change you new monitor configuration in windows (ex: active tv, or open 3 monitor...)
    ascvav.jpg
    note: all deep parameter , and position will save ! Cool
    and save this current configuration.

Now you simply need to click on the monitor configuration was save , and windows will instant passe to the configuration you have save.

Ex: for me .

If a click on monitor save 1, is desactive my 3 monitor desktop, and pass to my TV.
    And monitor Save 2, desactive my TV and instant pass to one of my desktop for work.
    And SAVE 3 , will active my 3 desktop monitor and turn off my tv.

Have fun

Code:
    Description
    Save monitor configurations of Windows 7 or 10 and easily switch between them with a click in a popup menu of your taskbar.

The tool is designed for users with two or more monitors who in certain situations would like to quickly change their monitor setup (e.g. enable/disable a TV which is attached to the HDMI port, make an attached TV the primary display to remove tearing switch which monitor is on the left/right...). Along the monitor state and setup the resolution is also saved and restored.

The program works by saving a current monitor setup as configured using the windows control panel to an xml file. Once saved the configuration can be quickly restored at any time. Requires .NET 4.0 Framework to be installed.

The program is quite simple and in an early development stage. It is provided without any warranty. If you accidentally disable all your monitors boot into safe mode to fix the problem.

If you like the program say thanks by clicking the Donation link in the menu!

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
    Tea's Jams likes this.
  2. Skunk

Skunk Melody Master Veteran

First Language:
    English/Slavic
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This is exactly what I've been after!!!!! Thanks for sharing!