Working with TP

WhatZitTooya

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm having some troubles with the way RPGM handles TP. So from my understanding, a lot about the way TP works is built-in into the editor and mostly can't be changed with the tools it gives you. Things like gaining TP when damaged, or starting battles with a random amount are automatic, but they're not things I necessarily want. Is there a way however to manipulate that, though, so I can how control over how TP is built up during battles?

WhatZitTooya

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thank you! Huge help! There's still a lot here to figure out, but I'm sure I'll figure what I need to.

Solar_Flare

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There's other plugins besides Yanfly that do things like that - I've made one myself, and I think I saw one from SRD as well. You might find one of them to be more user-friendly than Yanfly's plugin, although I imagine Yanfly's version is about ten thousand times more customizable.

Bex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In Database you can give your Player or Class the Ability to keep their TP even after Battle.
Thatway you also dont start with Random TP at Battle Start.
How much TP you gain for hitting enemys or getting hit, i believe you need Plugins to change that, but iam not totally sure.

Tiamat-86

old jrpg gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i like the yanfly one. can use it the just make a generic TP setup to your liking, or make it so the TP generation is ONLY turn/skill based flat numbers. or could make a system like ff10's limit breaks with dozens of different TP styles that can change in the menu.

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How much TP you gain for hitting enemys or getting hit, i believe you need Plugins to change that, but iam not totally sure.
In the skill database you can adjust how much TP is gained when successfully landing a hit with the skill, although it's just a flat number.

Solar_Flare

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, TP gain when you attack is controlled by the database, but TP gain when you are damaged is not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Hello I buyed RPG Maker VX Ace a long ago and I want to use it again but in the meantime I changed my pc but I lost the paper with my product key on so I can't use RPG maker again... someone can help me please ? or there is no hopes ?:'( ( I have a bad english I'm sorry )
I was away this days here in the forum but it was for a good cause!
The trailer of the demo of Luke Inn is on youtube and I am so happy!
I need to see the bugs of the game but I am happy that I have new content to show!

The last part of the modern interior will be ready soon. This will be a B-tile. With interior items for the kitchen, bathroom, toilet and storage room.
This frantic shooting ARPG plugin for MZ looks really great. Here is the link to a post from the official Japanese RPG Maker forum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harwin