Workshop Help

JesFang

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello everyone im new here i hope i can learn from everyone and hope i can share some knowledge once i learn more

So im trying to make a game where you have a workshop and sell stuff created by yourself but after searching and searching i couldnt find anything that works for what im trying to do

• You put items to sell from your inventory
  • Placing it on sale removes said item from your inventory
  • Once there, it will stay there untill you take it or its sold
  • Items will be sold at "random"
  • "random" means kinda like "for each day passed you have X chance that item will be sold"
Extra stuff that may be irrelevant at the moment
  • your X chance increases with Fame, Fame will be increased in various ways
  • you have to pay Y amount of money for each day passed

the problem i have is that i dont know a way to make the player select wich item he wants to store, the only option i see related to events is the Change Item wich adds/takes items, but thats like predefined by you when you are making the game and not chosen by the player so if anyone knows a way to use events for this or better yet a script it would be amazing

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This will probably need a plugin. However, rather than move it straight away to JS Plugin Requests, I'll leave it here in case someone comes up with an evented solution using switches and variables.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There is a Select Item command which is #4 in the list on the first page of event commands. If you set all of your items up as the same item type (either regular item or key item probably), you can use that command to let the player to select from the items in inventory, and put the item id into a variable. You can then use that variable for your other commands.

Unfortunately Change Items only lets you use a variable for the quantity, not for the item id, but you can use script calls to remove the item with the id stored in the variable. The other stuff you are after might be a bit more complicated, as I imagine you want to let the player have several items for sale at a time.

You probably could do it with events, but it would probably be easier with a plugin.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This type of game (often referred to as "shopkeeper-type game" can be done in the RM's, but it will require quite a bit of work with a combination of plugins and very good eventing. A few month ago I considered setting up a project to create such a framework with the help of the community (because it has been asked for again and again), but I still don't have the time for such a project.

You'll need extensive knowledge of variables to do this, because it's the variables that you need to store what is on display, how much money it's worth and so on - I suggest by starting to play through the "Variables Guide", a free tutorial game available here on the forum.
One link is inside my "starting point" tutorial if you don't find that game on your own.

dragoonwys

Freelance Illustrator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Seeing that your stated problem is that you don't know how to have the player place the item on the counter, you can get some pointers from this thread on how to do that.
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/eventing-a-place-able-crafting-system.83283/
Go to Step 3: Creating the Ingredient Events

It might be about crafting, but Step 3 is basically what you need to place and add an item on a table. From there you can branch out to the other variables and switches that you need for your other functions like if it sells fast or not.

JesFang

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
it seems it wont be as easy as i thought, but i will try the options you have given for now and of course the Variables Guide in the worst of cases i guess i will have either to wait or pay for someone to make the plugin thanks all!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Broke: Dont move. -boring. -passive. -uncreative. Woke: Bewegen Sie Nicht! +authoritative. +foreign. +reminds your son that he's a garden gnome now.
My girlfriend left a note on the fridge saying 'This isn't working, goodbye.' I opened the refrigerator and it works just fine. Weird.
BCj
Could someone translate something from Japanese to English for me?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zflooder