Tj_Silverfang

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm designing a time system for my game that shows real travel time and could use some pointers for so issues I'm stuck on. Now the issue I'm having is having time speed up while on the world map while moving but at normal speed while standing still, this goes the same for vehicles being driven but idle. Any tips on what I'm overlooking would be appreciated. An example would be if player is leaving town A and make a bee line (walking) to town B that is 6 tiles away, I want it to show the player to see the clock speed up an hour to show how long it took the player to reach town B (hope this makes since).

There is a day (16)/night (8), resource respawn, open/close shop, monster spawn and some quests that will be tied to this.

A slightly off topic question about events on the maps I have an event on the world map that runs both the visual clock and the time common events, my question is, there a limit to how many common events/control switches a single event tab can run before having an issue? I ask because I would like to put all the parallel common events on one event tab to keep things organized and easy to find.

Here is the event tab in question
◆Control Switches:#0002 Display Time = ON
◆Control Switches:#0001 Time = ON

Here is the time common event as it stands. One minute our time is 6 minutes on foot of in game time.

◆Control Variables:#0001 Time Counter += 1
◆If:Airship is being driven
◆If:Time Counter ≥ 600
◆Control Variables:#0001 Time Counter = 0
◆Control Variables:#0002 Minutes += 1

:End

:Else
◆If:Ship is being driven
◆If:Time Counter ≥ 300

◆If:Boat is being driven
◆If:Time Counter ≥ 150

◆If:Time Counter ≥ 60

◆If:Minutes = 60
◆Control Variables:#0002 Minutes = 0
◆Control Variables:#0003 Hours += 1

◆If:Hours = 24
◆Control Variables:#0003 Hours = 0

ThreeSixNine

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can use a conditional branch script call to check if the player is moving and if the player is currently on the world map, it would look something like this:

Screenshot 2022-01-27 235510.png

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Somehow that granny topic got me... maybe I can come up with some more thematic stuff :3
Going live for tonight's stream! Kytt isn't feeling 100% tonight so the wifestream will be tomorrow and I'll be playing Final Fantasy XIV for this one instead. Twitch
i got bronchitis ; n ;
I've been trying very hard to distance myself from my inspirations, but maybe It would be better just to accept it.
3uL5XnP.gif
For my 100th post, I wanted to thank this forums community for the generosity and respect that each of you show.

I'm always impressed when I see the 6x veterans (in number of years compared to my presence here on these forums) continue to help and support all the community members on a daily basis, the awesome artists who share their creations with so much passion...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pinto_hacker