RMMV World Crash Zero

Discussion in 'Games In Development' started by MechaCake, Jun 17, 2017.

1. MechaCake

MechaCake Cyberpunk Weeb Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A Post-Cyberpunk RPG

Windows Demo
    Mac Demo
    The Server Era began with The Great Upload, when the majority of people migrated their souls and minds to the Server Cities, which is wholly governed by the seemingly omnipotent Administration. The Server Era promised a society of post-scarcity, where everyone lived forever, and while for the most part this promise was kept, there has been some unexpected side effects of this new society. Birth rates have plummeted since the Great Upload and a large amount of people have become depressed and complacent.

The year is SE 0086 and the third generation of children born in the Server-Cities have become adults. The first death since the Great Upload has happened: a man in his mid-thirties named Alphonse Snow died of unknown causes.

Now, it's up to his brother, Detective Animus Snow, to find out who or what killed Alphonse. He'll journey to the seediest parts of the Servers, seeking out even the flimsiest leads. He'll also meet Alphonse's on and off again paramour: the Witch Hacker Marielle, a cosplaying vulgar over-the-top hacker who basically runs Server City 18, a city that's 3/4ths gritty underbelly. Back-of-the-box features include...
    • A unique and weird universe to explore! Every Server City is different, and there are a ton to go to throughout the story.
    • A story inspired by cyberpunk-tinged JRPGs like the dot hack series and the Megaman Battle Network series, as well as proper cyberpunk stories like Ghost in the Shell and Snow Crash.
    • Fun, lovable and strange characters YOU can identify with and buy merchandise for!A light card building style technique system called the Restricted Program System, or RPS, where you use Job Points gained from battles to buy techniques for your party members, then assign each technique to specific slot(s).
    • Slightly witty dialogue, and lots of barely-censored swearing from Marielle!
    • A rad royalty-free jazz/rock/chiptune/electronica soundtrack.
    So, join Animus and his friends now as they journey through the Server-verse to find the cause of this new society's first death! Together, they'll find Death-obsessed cults, weird viruses, camaraderie, digital ghosts and the dark secrets behind the Administration.

Now available is a 10-25 minute prologue demo to see what you're getting into! Real talk, I'm interested in any feedback I can get. I'm a writer, so a huge aspect of this is writing-based and is completely non-commercial, mostly for exposure and fun. If you're interested in contributing, let me know! I'd love extra hands if I can get them.

Credits

Music by…

www.bensound.com - Opening Scene

- Alphonse’s Apartment

Windows by Yanfly -
    http://yanfly.moe/2015/10/24/freebies-window-skins/

This current build uses the current scripts…

Moogle X’s Equip Skill System -
    http://mvplugins.com/plugin/Moogle_X/Moogle_X - Equip Skill System

Yanfly's Core Engine -
    http://yanfly.moe/2015/10/09/yep-1-core-engine/

Yanfly’s Load Custom Fonts -
    http://yanfly.moe/2016/07/23/yep-112-load-custom-font-rpg-maker-mv/

Yanfly’s Message Core -
    http://yanfly.moe/2015/10/10/yep-2-message-core/

Future builds will likely include…

Yanfly’s Job Points -
    http://yanfly.moe/2015/11/13/yep-27-job-points/

Yanfly’s Skill Learn System - http://yanfly.moe/2015/11/14/yep-28-skill-learn-system/

Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
    Jeremiah Eastman likes this.
  2. Lucidia

Lucidia Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I'm liking the premise of your game. Sounds pretty interesting.

It does look like the maps could use some work though just from looking at the screenshots.
    For instance, wherever you have stairs you should make sure there is a clear divide in level by putting some walls on either side to separate them. And if you find you have maps with a fair bit of empty space like that interior one then just make it a bit smaller.
    A parallel process that runs a slight screen tint is also a great way to add atmosphere to your maps, but getting them right is definitely the first step.

I wish you the best and I'm keen to see more updates as you go!

3. MechaCake

MechaCake Cyberpunk Weeb Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey, thank you so much for that: that's some solid advice I'll be sure to follow-through with.

4. hiddenone

hiddenone Lurker Extraordinaire Moderator

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I gave your demo a go, and it seems like this could be an interesting game. There wasn't too much to do though, so most of my feedback will be about the mapping and presentation.

The Good (What I liked)
    - The little world building given is interesting, seems like there's a lot that we could learn.
    - Interacting with the things in Alphonse's place was nice, it would be pretty great to see more interactable objects outside.
    - I enjoyed the simple button puzzle and felt pretty smart realizing what the triangle was right away.
    The Bad (What I think needs work)
    - At the moment there isn't too much going on in the demo, so it's hard to really get a good feel for the game.
    - You mention battles in the opening thread, but there weren't any in the demo (I actually assumed the game was not going to have any combat due to the demo, until I went back and read the post). Having even one battle would be useful for you to start getting feedback on your battle system.
    The Ugly (Mistakes in mapping & other presentation issues)
    - The font was hard for me to read. It could just be my eyes, but going with a simpler font would make it a lot easier to read everything.
    - The scrolling background during the intro actually made it hard to read the text since it was moving quickly. Slow it down a touch.
    - The map for servercity 5 was nonsensical. I'm guessing you want it to feel odd, but since this is a virtual world you can go all out with it. Instead of just using random grounds, make a tile that looks like it's a missing texture or even one that's made up of 1s and 0s. Make some things float in mid-air instead of having multiple mailboxes. There are so many cool things you could do to show it's a virtual world, don't leave it as just random mapping.
    - You can't walk behind the clocktower, which just seems weird. Change the passability of it.
    - Not as important, but the wall to wall carpet in Alphonse's bathroom makes me fear for drunken accidents. Perhaps a tile floor would be better.